Sunday, November 14, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas
The Wedding Celebration
The Baptism



Week 66 November 12, 2010

Hey family!!! So how is everyone doing on this wonderful Friday afternoon! I hear that it's starting to get a little colder, starting to maybe look a little bit like Christmas or Thanksgiving hahah. I also hear that this was a pretty rough week for the football. The Utes and east. It’s a bummer that it sounds like neither of them showed up ready to play… but there's always next year ha-ha. It’s not the end of the world…

Well family this week was a great week! Saturday we had some more baptisms!! It was such a special day! I will never forget the reactions of Claudio and Juliana. I will never forget the way they looked at us with such great fullness and love in their eyes. It was such a great treat to be able to see one of the people that I had the opportunity to baptize, baptize someone else. It was truly something that I will always carry with me.

This week was also pretty crazy! It was the council of the leaders so everyone was sleeping at my house… this one was with all the LZ and the LD so we had about 35 people in our house it was crazy and so awesome to see all my buddies and then going to the council with them!

So the things that were taught there… we practiced the lesson… talked about the mission and how poorly it is doing… me and Elder Felipe found out that we are in the top 3 companionships of baptizing… President used us as an example because we have about 3 to 4 hours on the road every day and we are baptizing more than everyone in the mission… it just shows how much the Lord has blessed an individual or a companionship when you are doing right things, and just working…. Also we talked about secret combinations… and president referred it back to the work in our days… it was amazing

But other than that, we have been working super hard! Something pretty cool that happened this week is this….

So there is a road that has sooooooo many members on it and to be honest it's like a street of families where some are members and the members always say that the work can't go on that street and what not because it's already been worked on or whatever… so yesterday some stuff fell, and we were like "let's just knock on the doors there"… so we went to that street and started knocking. We played dumb. Like we did't know who lived there and we were excepted to enter… so we enter and taught the first part of the restoration and the loved it!!! We are going to go back there on Monday so I hope that goes good! I think it will be!

As for that family I told you about last week. We will be going back today… so hopefully that they will be going to church this week!

Always family I just want you all to know that I love you guys so much! This work is so important and the Gospel is true! It Is truly what brings us such happiness! I am so grateful for the Gospel of Christ in my life! I’m so grateful for the love of Christ in my life! And I'm so grateful for you guys! Thank for everything! Have a great week

Elder Wiscomb

P.S. Oh I almost forgot… I was sitting here working yesterday, and President walked out of his office and just stated to talk to us normally, then he looked to me and said… Elder Wiscomb, I know that you we said you would like leave after this transfer… but sister Ribeiro said that she will not allow me to let you go before Christmas… so what do you think. Can you handle one more here in the office…” oh man………………………………………………… so ya…. That’s what’s gong to happen I guess I am going to be here for Christmas too………………… you want to know how much time that is going to be in this area…. Almost 8 months. Oh my gosh hahahahahaha but that’s all right I love this place….

Love you guy

No comments:

Post a Comment