Monday, February 22, 2010

His new house
The bathroom
Bedroom
The Main Street
Bins full of rice

Week 28 February 22, 2010

Hello everyone!!!!! First, thanks so much for the letters that I have received, I got a couple during transfer and little box!! Thanks so much. You guys are so great! But lets start from the beginning ok….

Last Monday was my last day in Livramento, and it was such a good one. They threw a huge party for me at the house of Elton and Eliara! They gave me some memory thing, made out of granite, with the two flags it's sooo cool and they had dinner and stuff, and then I had to leave to pack… and be ready to be at the bus station at 5:30 in the morning… it was so nice because Elton gave me a ride there and it was poring rain and he stayed with us and said everyone started to cry the minute that I stepped on the bus. He was waving bye to me as I rolled away. I haven’t ever seen him show emotion before which was amazing for me! And then I started the 6 hour bus ride to Santa Maria… it was so great, I got to sit with one of my best friend Elder Kamya who is from Hawaii the whole bus ride and we stopped in Sao Gabriel to pick op some people and I saw my comp for like 1 minute and then got back on the bus… and continued…

We arrived in the bus station in Santa Maria and I saw everyone, there were like 60 missionaries there, it was cool, but I literally only had like 5 minutes there, just enough time to run the bathroom and to get a sandwich, which was 10 pila- gosh ridiculous ha-ha. And get back on… I was kind of sad I didn’t get to talk with anyone… and I was off again for another 4-hour bus ride…. It was along day…

I arrived here in São Gabriel with another missionary and we sat waiting for like 1 hour because we had no way to get a hold of our comps…and when they came we went strait to where we live… its so funny because the only thing I have heard about where the missionaries live is that there are 2 houses. One that is awesome, like a mansion and one that is horrible that always gets broken into, ha-ha and who is put in the horrible house… hahahaha yup me… its kind of funny… we really have a house, a Brazilian house where you can’t flush paper down the toilet… limited water (really limited hahaha like none) we have frogs and some tiny scorpions in our house…. Ya its been an adventure of a week…

Other then that, this city is really not big at all… just a lot land that we have to walk… and the church here is tiny. It’s a branch… but which means we have some work to do that I hope we will get started on be able to do here..… I don’t really have much to say this week … I think I need one more week to settle in little bit more… you guys will get more details next week! Sorry that this was short but I got to go. Thanks for everything you guys!! You guys are the best!! Love you all and have a fabulous week!!!

Elder wiscomb

D&C 6:16

No comments:

Post a Comment