Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 39-40 May 15, 2010

Hello family!! How is everyone doing today! Can you believe that it has been a week since we talked hahaha and how amazing that was! In a way it feels like it was yesterday but at the same time it feels like it was months ago hahahaha… but I want you guys all to know that you guys sounded great and I love you all so much!!!

So this week, what a week! It's been kind of crazy because we had a bunch of visits from old missionaries that came back to say bye to president… people from Utah so I got a little homesick… well not homesick but it just reminded me of the life outside of the mission that I haven’t even been thinking of for like 9 months hahaha… but it was fun to talk to them and see what was going on back in Utah… so ya….

For those of you who I didn’t talk to on mother’s day my mission plan has changed a little. All the goals and everything that I made kind of turned to a different direction ha-ha… well my president has asked me to be the next executive secretary to welcome the new pres we are going to be getting next transfer and to kind of show in the ropes… it should be a good experience, but for the meantime I think I'll be here in Santa Maria for a couple more months…

Today is a big day. We have the baptism of Sabrinha! She is so ready and will be an amazing member of the church of Christ! I’m so happy to her and for the God putting her in our paths! She truly was ready and looking for the truth and she found it! It's something amazing to see the change in someone’s life! So that will be happing tonight at 8 here! So it should be good!

Other than that. we are teaching up a storm and working hard in the office preparing for the next president! There is so much to do, added on the regular things… so its kind of overwhelming, but somehow we get everything done everyday what we need to! It’s amazing! And after the office we hit the streets!!

Now I would like to talk about something kind of different! We always hear and read about the hand of the Lord in this work! And it’s so evident when you are doing the right things and looking for his help! Our Heavenly Father is truly waiting, asking us to work with Him, and He has promise that if we do this, He will guide us! The work of the Lord in creating His kingdom here on earth is something that is visible to the eye that is looking!!! But there is also the contrary of Him….

This week it has been visible ,along with the work of the Lord, the work of Satan. Something that I have notice is that he is trying his very hardest especially to the families that we find, to drive them down to a state of sorrow, a state of unhappiness, of regret, and any other things that could throw them off the path of Christ…we have been teaching this family that isn’t married ever since I have gotten here and we are in the middle of paying for their wedding for them, so they could get married and become members of the Church, and Satan is working just as hard on them! The mother… Patricia, had a freak accident on Sunday right before coming to church that shattered practically every bone in her leg that will be delaying the progress of everything for a little… and even worse, has brought some weird doubts to her mind just thoughts like “why?!”!!!

We didn’t know how to deal with it for a second but then we thought, just surround her with the sisters in the branch and everything will be fine…!!!!! So that’s what we have done! And we have notice that one more time, the Lord’s hand comes out “of course” STRONGER than the hand of the devil!!! In other wards. LOVE AND CHARITY is more powerful than anything else that Satin can throw at a person!

I just want to say love everyone!!! Do something good for someone every day and make good decisions!!!

I love you guys so much! I am so happy to have you as my family and actually I'm so blessed!! You guys are amazing and I am so happy that you guys are doing all amazing! It was so great to talk to you guys last week and I hope that you guys have a great week this wee too!!

Until next week love ya!!

Elder Wiscomb

D and C 58:26-29

"Remember the guy I told you about, that had answers revealed to him in sacrament meeting, well this is him, and his girlfriend that we met for the first time, I think they are going to get married, but we will just have to wait and see!"
The Zone
Mother's day

Mothers Day Dinner



Driving back from the lake with the President




The above poses were all Sister Myhrra's idea
"At the Lake"
"On the diving board, it was so tempting to jump in!"

BBQ with President and Sister Myhrra last week




No comments:

Post a Comment