Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Week 70 December 11, 2010

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing on this wonderful day! I hope that all is well and thanks to all of those who wrote me this week! Ah I just love getting letters and knowing that all of you guys are doing just great and enjoying this holiday season!

So first off the Christmas breakfast sounded like it was a big hit! Good job mom and dad! I’m sure that everyone loved it and appreciated all the hard work that you guys put into it. And then the wonderful gift that you guys gave to those three African families, that is really entering into the true spirit of Christmas. Helping others. That was for sure something that those families will never forget and for sure the highlight of this holiday season for them. Never forget the feelings that you guys get when you do something generous like that. It’s such an amazing feeling huh. To see someone be so happy! There is nothing better then that!

But other than that this has been a pretty crazy week… I don’t even know where to start. Today we climbed the mountain, which was fun. But I forgot my camera so my bad hahaah. But other than that, this week we had another situation of an Elder that had to go home early… and president was gone doing Zone conference so called me and asked me if I could take care of it. So I did ha. He got super sick, so this last Monday and Tuesday I had to figure out how he was going to get home from the furthest point in our mission. Uruguaiana.. Is on the border of Argentina. The last thing we wanted to make him do is get on a bus to here, Santa Maria, which is a 5 hour bus ride then another 4 and a half to Porto Alegre… so I tried to get him a ticket on a plan from Uruguaiana to Porto Alegre then to São Paulo…. But there wasn’t any until next week and he had to get home so we all prayed that he would have strength to do the trip on busses and get to Porto Alegre without getter way worse. Well, away we had to go the Rodoviaria at 4 in the morning to get him and wait there with him until he would get a bus at 5 to Porto Alegre… ya that was fun… not ha-ha… but he got home and is in the hospital getting better now which is good!!

Other than that, I have been training Elder Jones to be the next secretary here and he is sooo lost!! He is going to be a great missionary but he is super, super young! He just finished his first transfer here in Brazil. He served in Oregon for almost 2 months so he has almost 6 months in the mission but he is having a little bit of a hard time understanding what to do because he doesn’t talk that well. And he is getting scared. But just tell him that the Lord will bless him in ways that he will never believe. The Lord will help him with learning! So it’s been pretty fun to do that!

And besides that I have been working with a different comp this week Elder Silva Santos. He has about 5 months in the mission and is been a good week! We have been leaving the office at about 4 so it’s not a full day in the field but we have been working super, super hard! The first day that we left and worked, we taught 6 lessons, 2 with members. We knocked on about 40 doors each and we found 2 pretty good families. With the total of new investigators of 12. And marked 3 baptism dates!!! So that was pretty much like an amazing day!!!! But the Lord blessed us with that day because the Wednesday was a holiday here… some holiday of a saint or something like that, I don’t really know… but it was a super hard day. We worked and worked and knocked and knocked and entered 2 times into houses…

You got to love missionary work!! Last week I said that I was feeling like a “greenie” again because of like the fire inside of me to work again hahaha! I just want to get out there and work! But its going to have to wait for a little bit because I am going to have to help Jones a little bit more then was planned but that’s ok!!

So anyway the work is going just great! Even when you have these days when you go and knock and knock and knock and nothing goes according to plans. You always get back into the house tired but with these feeling that you did your best that day! I love that feeling, there is nothing like it! I know that this church is true and I'm sooo grateful for the blessing of the gospel in my life! I am so grateful for this holiday season, although, to be quite honest, it doesn’t feel like Christmas or December or anything like this… it just feels like another day or another month… but I'm grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ! For His life here on Earth and for His examples that He has given to us! I'm grateful for the chance that all of us have to return and live with our Heavenly Father! And I'm so grateful for the wonderful blessing that He has given me with, my family and His love that I have felt so strongly! I am so grateful for you all and I love you all, thanks for everything you guys do for me!

Elder Wisomb

PS. I almost forgot a while ago on the 30 of November I finished the Book of Mormon like I said I would and I started again I hope that you started mom and whoever else that is doing with me too!

P.S I almost forgot to tell you guys the funny story of the week. So this week in the office I have been with Elder Jones helping him for a little bit… well anyway he has the worst gas in the world sometimes. It truly is horrible hahaha I almost die when he farts… but anyway Felipe and Silva Santos they get sooo pissed too and they left to go to the bank while we did some stuff here! Anyway when they came back they knocked on the door and Elder Jones Riped one right in front of the door hahahahahahaha (he was saving it for them). Oh man it smelled so bad and he waited for like 10 seconds to let it spread so It made with worse you know hahahahaha… then he opened the door and………………………………. Hahahahahah… It wasn’t Felpie and Siva Santos hahahahahahahaha… it was a different person that is super important and he just looked at Elder Jones and started to laugh and Jones got all red and I was dying almost on the floor hahahahahhaahhaha… oh man it was super, super, super funny!!! Pretty bad but funny!! Well that was story of the week!

Love you family!!

Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment