Monday, March 28, 2011





Week 86 March 28, 2011

Hello family! How are all of you guys dong on this last Monday in March!! I hope that everyone is ready for spring there! All the flowers and the warm temperature and the best part… General Conference!! Wahoo!!! Oh man I am so excited! It truly is such a blessing to be able to hear the words of the prophet, apostles, and other leaders of the church!! There will truly be so many important things that will be passed to us this weekend so be ready and it would be smart to listen and learn, then apply in our lives!! Ahh I'm so excited and grateful for this. I can’t believe how fast time is passing! This transfer has already ended. And today is a start of another… no one has heard anything about transfers either funny huh! So it’s all a mystery. But I'm pretty sure I will be staying here… I only have 3 months here can you believe it!! Anyway where do we start! This week its been pretty crazy. It's been raining cat and dogs the entire week so everything of mine is wet… can you believe it that not even an umbrella does anything hahahah… my scriptures are soaking. Shoes… pants… thank goodness that I have some dry shirts and socks but mostly everything else is wet… hahaha… I sure hope that the joke about the more rain you take, the prettier your wife will be ha-ha is true…. Because all I can say is “wow, the mission is doing me good then” hahaha… but seriously I like the rain, it kind of hurts the work but what can you do huh.. Ha.

Anyway we saw another blessing of the Lord this week. We have a rule in our mission that we can't baptize any children alone they have to go to church for 4 months before they can get baptized and this week we baptized a 12 year old boy that has been going to church for a while now!! He really wants to be a missionary one day and I sure hope that he will be taken in by the members so that one day he will be able to do this marvelous work! So that was a special day!

Also we had some great lessons! We went to the Mineige and Ticaco this week 2 times (the Japanese couple) and we have really become great friends and they trust in us a lot! They are actually one of the most famous families in the south of Brazil we have come to find out…. Which is crazy…. They finally told us that they are Buddhists. Which we were expecting. The told us about their entire lives… how when Mineige came to Brazil they come with some 30 families and it took about 50 days to get here… they took a cruise or something like that passing in many placed to finally end up here in Brazil and all 30 families went to a little city that is by Livramento (my first area) which is called QuaraĆ­. Mineige told me that when he got here he was forced to learn about Christ and read the Bible and stuff because he studies in the “school of the sisters” hahaha how he says… the nun. But still he is Buddhist! Anyway, when we went there for the second time this week they told us at the beginning of our lesson that they respect us and they love our presence and stuff but they didn’t have any desire at the moment to change religion… and our response to that was ok. But that day we had planned to teach the restoration.

When I heard that, I was sad but I know it is just because that they don’t understand, the only thing they need to receive is the spirit, and that will teach them in their heart and that night we had planned to teach the restoration… anyway we continued to teach the restoration and it was one of the most spiritual lessons that we have taught! And I knew that they felt the spirit of our Heavenly Father! They didn’t go to church this week but they said that they would visit!!

We are also teaching a family that is super special that we are hoping to take to conference! We have such an amazing group of people we are teaching at this moment! I haven’t ever worked with so many “families” all at once!!!! It's crazy how much the Lord is blessing us! The only thing that I pray for is that these families that we are teaching will be able to go to the stake center this Saturday or Sunday and hear the words of the prophets! I love this time of the year!

I want all of you guys to know that this truly is an opportunity that we have this weekend and I know that the Lord will pass to us important things that we need to know through this servants here on earth! Watch conference! Write down questions, doubts about live, about anything and without a doubt if you pay attention during conference it will all be answered! I know that this church is true and that we are all so lucky to be lead on this Earth by a prophet of God!!! What scares me is that today in our days the same thing is happening, what happened many years ago in the time of the ancient prophets!! Because of the wickedness, and stiff neckedness of the people, they are coming to know that today there is a prophet of God that lives which is here on earth and many aren’t accepting him and giving heed to his words!! Don’t be one of the people that turn their backs to the words of the prophets! Listen! Follow!!! And I know that those who listen and accept President Thomas Spencer Monson, along with the 12 Apostles, won’t ever be led astray! They are those who will gain the promise that is stated in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, something that is called Eternal life!!!!

I love you all! Have a fabulous Conference weekend! And a fabulous week!

Love you all!!

Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment