Tuesday, April 5, 2011



A burger Joint we went to in the middle of General Conference on Saturday

Week 87, April 4, 2011
Hello family! How is everyone doing on this fabulous April day after the wonderful General Conference that we were able to see this last weekend!! Wow it was a couple amazingly spiritual days! The words that were passed to us really hit me with a lot of emotion and love from those humble servants of the Lord!
This whole week was crazy!! We were running from appointment to appointment trying to get everyone ready to go hear the prophet of the Lord speak! We invited 20 people to go and hear the words of the prophet and sadly only 9 went but I am planning to burn the talks onto disks for our investigators if they don’t have Internet in their house! There is a certain conviction of the spirit that hits all, who sees and hears the prophet and apostles of the Lord! It's something that makes you get the chills and makes you know with out a doubt that those men are truly called by God to lead us!
Their was much said about love in the family!!! About how a family can be eternal though the restored power of God which we have in the Church of Christ! Much was said about trials and tribulations which are given to us for our benefit and its necessary to grow closer to our Heavenly Father! And much was said about the women of this Church who I must say myself, who are absolutely sensational!! I will do my best to apply all that I learned in these last couple days to my life and I hope and pray that all of you will do the same!
So starting from the beginning we are really teaching some families that are super special and as soon as the crop season settles down, they will for sure become part of the church of Christ! It’s a little challenge here though in the moment because everyone is cropping soy beans here! And its been raining so much and this past week it got a little better so everyone is going crazy!! But there’s know doubt in my mind that we are going to have some success here in a little bit!! All of the people that went to conference loved it so much and said that they wish that this happens every week hahaha! And they also said be ready for questions the next appointment hahahah so that will be fun!!
In the middle of the week I totally forgot that it was April fools day on April 1 and ya a sister got us pretty well…. She called us at about 11 when we were going to an appointment and said that her comp got a letter yesterday and it was something really bad and she was wanting to go home… it was super said and I believe her…. so we hung up did a prayer in the road to figure out what we should do… a second later our Assistant called and told us if we had already heard the news and we said ya and he thought that it would be good for us to meet with them in the stake center to talk to her and try to see what happened….. so we canceled our appointment and we started going to the center…. Anyway on the way their, my comp said “do you think that this is an April fools joke”……. And I sat there thinking “ we can't ask her if it is because what if its not…. Hahaha” so we just sat their confused….. and we called back the sister…
The sister didn’t want to meet us in the chapel and stuff and ya long story short everyone was in on this joke… even the president… we called him and he just started laughing and said… “you need to be smart” hahahahahahahahahahaha... anyway they got us pretty well!!
Also during the sessions on Sunday we had interviews with president… and the Sunday morning meeting didn’t work out to watch for about an hour because the satiate wasn’t working…I know super sad!!! But I talked with president and he told us that me and Elder Ball are not going to be comps anymore..… that Ball was going to stay with the new Elder Rodrigues that got here a week ago.. and that I will help Elder Poulsen grow up a little more in the mission and learn to do little more stuff! Anyway I am excited for this challenge that President has given me and I know with faith and trust in the Lord everything will be just amazing!! I just feel bad for Elder Ball because we were working with some amazing families and president told him that they have to stay with us, and he has to trade everything with the other elder… but I am going to call him and talk to president and see if we can work with these families in 2 companionship's because this would be super horrible for Elder Ball to end his mission like that… so we will see!!
Anyways I hope and pray that all of you will study and read these talks that were given to us!! Really they are so important! Trust in the Lord and follow the words of the prophets! They are given to protect us and to help us in our return journey to our Heavenly Father!! I know that if we give head to those word we will all be their in the presents of our God one day!
I love you all!
Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment