Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"With Leamara! a women that I helped!! Everytime when I'm Santa Maria she goes to the bus staion to see me off haha!"
"with my comps!!
"my group!"

Week 88 April 11, 2011
Hello family!!! How are all of you guys doing on this wonderful Spring afternoon!! So I hear that its going to be quite the Spring with the look of floods hahahaa that’s not good! Be prepared, and I hope it wont be as bad as mom made it sound like hahahaha!!! So first off I must say… HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!!!!! Haha you thought I had forgotten but nope! how could I!! Mom I hope that you have great week and a fabulous day on the 13th!!! You deserve it!! So now let's talk about the week real fast!! This week was one to remember! We had a big change how I explained this last week with comps and stuff so it was like starting all over again! But with a big pool of investigators! The only problem is, for some reason this week it was super, super difficult to find our investigators in their houses! It was said that these are going to be the last good couple weeks here in Cruz Alta so everyone is working all day long trying to make up for a summer of fun and for this winter that’s coming where there is always little work to be done! We passed by about 5 times in almost all of our investigators and unfortunately and sadly we didn’t talked with the most part of them the entire week! So that was super sad! But we also had a week that was a little different! We had a meeting in Santa Maria where I got to see almost all my friends on Wednesday! It was so much fun!! I saw friends from my group that I hadn’t seen for about 7 months and it was just great! It's crazy because ¾ of the leaders here in the mission are from our group at this moment! There will have to be some changes made here in a bit haha! But it was amazing! The meeting we had was a training on the Plan of Salvation! which was giving by President Ribeiro! And all I can say is “wow” it was amazing! Then we had a part which was about “revelation through personal prayer”! We talked about the importance of prayer especially for our investigators! We talked about the role of the holy ghost and then after we talked about ways to make help our teachings! We talk a lot about questions that we make and how questions are what makes or breaks a missionary and his ability to teach! I learned so much this last couple weeks! We worked sooo hard and we really had a miracle which happened at the end of the week!
We are teaching this family which is super, super special!! their names are Carlos, Patricia, Rafael, alisi, Lurdes! I don't know if I commented on how we found them but a while back I was doing a division in a different area and I did a contact with a man in the street and he lived in our area so we went there a couple weeks later and it was this family! Anyway from that day we have made an amazing friendship with them and they are learning so much about the gospel and are taking this super, super serious! Which I love!!!!!! Anyways finally this week, the family was able to go to church and they loved it but that’s not just all! This family brought another family into our hands!! Because we have such an amazing friendship with them, they are bringing friends to their house on the nights when we go there! And they brought a woman that’s named Jossara! Anyway I was talking with this women after and I asked if we could visit her and her family one night in their house and she said yes! So we went there on Saturday night and on Sunday they all went to church! They hadn’t even heard the restoration yet!! But this next Saturday I am excited to teach it! I have really seen the power of prayer here in the mission! The Lord really answers prayers not necessarily when we want but in His timing. I am so grateful for this gift that we have to talk with our Heavenly Father! Anyway my time is up but I love all of you!! I hope that all of you have a great week!! And a happy birthday to mom!!
Love you all much!!
Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment