Friday, May 6, 2011

"Hitch hicking home (with member hahahaha).. there wasn't anymore space in the car hahahahahahahahahah.... what can ya do... ?

"I know I'm really close to that women in this picture of the baptism but it's because Elder Ball was saying to go more the the center because everyone wasnt in the photo....hahaha.."
"This is Vitorugo hahaha he is the son of Carlos and Partricia!"

Week 91 May 2, 2011

Hello family! How is everyone doing on this first May afternoon that we have! I hope that all of you guys are doing just great and that you are all preparing for mothers day!!!! Here in 6 days I will be talking with you guys! I’m sooo excited!! The call always seems to come in the right time you know why…. Because I have forgot all of your guys voices….. hahahahahaha but that’s OK I will be remembered of how they are here in a bit!!!

So this is how its going to be… we will use the Internet but I still don’t know if are going to use the web cam… but we are going to talk through Skye its much easier…. So maybe we will just have to cover the web cam OK…. But we will be talking at 3 in the afternoon (your time), which will be 7 at night (here in Brazil) just I hope that will be good for all of you! Ahh I'm so excited!

This week was a great week! A week that has passed so fast again. I will start by telling you some good news!! I got a call last night about 9:15 and guess who it was Silvio from Santa Maria! He called me and said that he had some news to tell me and I was first thinking “oh great what happened” then he continued to say that this last Sunday in stake conference he was ordained the Melchizedek priesthood!!!!!!! He was soooo happy and grateful for a big responsibility and blessing which he had received to help others!! It was amazing!

Also this week we went and visited Maria again ( the one that has problems with her boyfriend that wont leave her, but he wants him to leave and stuff) and we taught another message that was super spiritual! We talked about how when we are doing what the Lord wants us to do the enemy tries harder as well to drag us away from the source of happiness which he find though Christ! And how we don’t gain a testimony of what we are doing until after our faith is proven! And she started to cry and she said that it has been super hard in the house these last couple days with her boyfriend and stuff but at the end she shared with us that she knows that the church is what she needs! And she said that she will never abandon the church again!!! That made me feel sooo good to know she has been going for 4 weeks in a row and I know that the Lord will bless her for this!!! There is no doubt in mind!!

Another amazing story is that Geraldgine went to church again and she is try so hard to bring her husband Wilson to church but he traveled this weekend to Ijui which made me super sad, because this week was something super amazing!!! I will tell you about it a little bit later!

So we are teaching a family that is super special but they have some big little problems they will need to figure out before the baptism.. it’s the family of Carlos and Patricia! We have been going their 2 times a week for about 2 months now and its been super difficult! It’s a long story but this week the theme of what we wanted to talk about was beer and drinking. So we talked about it and we promised blessing of what will come if they cut this from their life and we will see what will happened!! We made a goal and I am hoping that they will stop and praying so much and believe that they will be able to overcome this addiction!! They are really looking for a change! This week their entire family went to church, which was stake conference, which was amazing!!!

So let me explain how stake conference was!! Oh my gosh it was amazing!! And a huge surprise!! We got the stake center and we were just waiting in the front for our investigators.. then we entered for a second and I saw a projector in the front and I was thinking huh… what’s going on.. and it was a transmission, live broadcast for Salt Lake to the Stakes here in the South of Brazil!! It was sooooooooo amazing! Oh my gosh! We got a chance to hear the Prophet and Elder Holland speak and it was just soo great!! They said exactly what our investigators needed to hear!! They talked a lot about the family and how we need to turn the house and families into a holy place so we can live with the Spirit of God! And they talked about rescuing the inactive, which have gone astray, and how it’s NEVER to late to come back!! Oh man it was just amazing!! What in inspiring week of church it was!! Never will forget it!

And then at night we had a baptism!! It was a baptism of a little girl Maiza!!! This is a family that we helped come back to church and it’s a super amazing story as well!!! I will have to tell you all about it one day because it’s a long story but its basically like his… they lived in Crus Alta a long time ago….. and they have been members forever!!! The women, not the grandma was counselor in the relief society and everything… but then her daughter married a returned missionary that later cheater on her and then they moved to a different place in Brazil and were inactive for about 8 years!…. Anyway, they moved back to Cruz Alta not because they wanted to but because Berenise (the mom) had to take care of her mom (the grandma in the photo)… and they had been here 2 days when Me and Elder Ball at the same time said we need to go knock on doors on the same street… anyway the Lord led us to them. When they returned to Brazil and its been a process of 2 months and they are super firm in the church again!! And this baptism of Maiza will just help them continue strong!! It’s been so amazing to see this family grow together!!

Anyway this was the week for us!! It was a good one filled with surprised and the guidance of the Lord in his work!! I am so grateful for all of you and your love and I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life!!

I love you all and we will be talking herein 6 days!! WAHOO!!! HAHAHAHA

Elder Wiscomb

1 comment:

  1. Big Elder Wiscomb ( The Best Oo Mexicano )HAHAHAH
    Thank you for all. My family was blessed with its passage in our ward and our at house. Very good your blog. hehehe.. We liked read. big hug and everything nice my friend.

    ReplyDelete