Monday, July 25, 2011

This family will be baptized one day!


The miracle baptism of the week!



Week 103 July 24, 2011

Hey family! How are all of you guys doing on this fabulous day! I hope that all had a great 24 of July, it sounded like you did. How fun it must have been going to the demolition derby hahaha next year we are going to have to do that for sure ok, along with all the rodeos and other things like that. No one forget ha-ha!

Well this week was just am amazing week! I truly saw a miracle of the Lord that happened! So as I’m pretty sure I mentioned many times, we had marked the date for our amazing family for this last Saturday to become members of the church of Jesus Christ but they were needing just a little bit more time they decided and it was something that was super sad for me… because they are ready there are just some minor things that are holding them back from taking this step together as a family! So anyway we had been super sad and we asked the Lord if He could put some people in our path that will be able to occupy the places of these 4 baptism that we would have had this week…

So what happened is we didn’t have anyone Monday but Saturday we had 3 baptisms! Can you believe it! Let me tell you this amazing story and how the Lord has blessed us in such big ways… so there is a women In the branch that was baptized about 8 months ago and we always saw her coming to church with 3 young kids… we knew that these young kids were her grandchildren and to be quite honest we thought that the 3 kids already were members of the church because they acted so well and come in a shirt and tie and stuff. Well anyway if not yesterday but 2 Sundays ago, our president of the branch said that they weren’t members and asked us to see what we could do about it… they have been coming to church for about 3months now and for some reason they weren’t members yet….

So anyway we figured out who the parents were and we started to remember that we kind of knew them already…and to be honest their parents are people that don’t really like the missionaries… the one time I ate lunch in the house, the grandmothers house, she was really rude and stuff and some other times as well, and for some reason they just don’t like the missionaries…

So we decided to go their Tuesday night and to be honest we went their just thinking we would try and get in and if we got in just talk with them for a second and leave…. just to try and make a friendship real fast, I didn't think they would let us in… so we said a prayer and we went… we knocked on the door and the mom came out of the house and stated talking to us and at first I think she didn't want to let us in but then I asked if we could and she opened the door and let us in… so the first step was done…. We entered the house.

When we got in we started to talk and stuff and shows our pictures to the family and made a great friendship with the family and we were thinking of leaving but the topic of the church came up and we took advantage of the situation! We started to talk about the kids going to church and I asked them if they liked and supported their children going to church and we talked a little bit about why they supported and what made them feel super good about their children going to church… then the mom (Jaina) said “they have actually talk and had been wanting to get baptized for some time know and stuff, but we think they aren’t ready.”… And something told me, “opa…. Got to take that commentary and show the parents that they are ready and invite them to be baptized as Christ was…” so we did… we talked a little bit then said that since they support their children in their decision in going to church we helped them understand that the baptism is a step that is super important in all this! And after a long talk about why they didn’t let them be baptized because of the missionaries in the past and how they stayed 4 hours a day in the house of their grandmother (the women that is a member off the church) doing nothing and how they thought that wasn’t right, they said “yes, they can” and so they were baptized and now we are teaching the whole family and they went to church yesterday and loved it!!! What a great blessing of the Lord!!!! The blessings of just working and not spending time in the houses of member’s ha-ha…

We have also seen some huge progress in many other investigators that I would love to comment about but I don't have any more time…

Anyway I just want you all to know… that I am so sad that this is my last week of working for the Lord 24/7 its been the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life. I have learned and feel like that I have grown up so much ha. I am so grateful for the power and the truthfulness of the gospel and what it does to the life of all of those who accept it! The experiences, feelings, the testimony, bah everything that has happened these last two years I will ever hold so closely to my heart forever! It’s something that I wouldn’t change for anything!

I love you all thank for all your support and your love!! Mom and dad!! I will see you this week!! Be waiting for a big huge hug!!!!!! Wow I can’t believe it…

Love Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment