Tuesday, July 12, 2011








Week 101 July 11, 2011

Hey family!! How is everyone doing on this fabulous summer day! I hope that all is well and that you guys are enjoying yourselves! Thanks so much for all the emails and the updates that I got this week! I really do love getting an update and knowing that you are all doing just great back home!

Here in Santo Angelo everything is just amazing! This week was just an amazing week with so many wonderful experience, I just hope family that I have enough time to tell them all to you!

This last week me and Elder Omar we have been working so hard to try and end my mission this month in the right way! After last weeks experience of finding an amazing family but them traveling this whole month it as a little sad and I have been praying to the Lord so much to put some people in our path that will be able to be baptized this month still and its amazing how the Lord always answers our prayers. We have been blessed with the Lord leading us to many families and people that are ready to be baptized! The other day we were walking in the road going to a meeting which we had marked and it was in an area where I haven’t work that much…. When we were walking in the road I had the great impression to knock at this house so we did…. We knocked and out came the mom that was sooooooooo happy to see us for some reason and to be honest I was a little scared hahaha…

When this mother came to the front gate she was laughing and said “you guys want to come in”? And we hadn’t even said anything…. Hahaha.. We were just like “yup”! Ha-ha we sad down and started to talk with this women and one after one her kids started to show up and sat down and talk to us!!! This women has 6 kids all above 8 years old… hahahaha and the most amazing thing is that 7 years ago the oldest and the only one that is living out of the house in Porto Alegre had the chance to get to know the missionaries and he was actually baptized in the church and is going to Church where he is!! We started talking with this women and she was just stunned and didn't understand how we are able to talk with young boys that have 8,10,12,13 and a young girl that has 14 years old and how we are able to make them sit down and hear the gospel in a very simply form!! It was a great experience to help that family remember and bring back all the amazing memories of the old times with the missionaries and how their lives had changed during that time to this present time… (Which hasn’t been a good thing)… the mother realized and remembered the light and the calmness and the spirit that the missionaries has bright into their lives and she cried when she told us!! It has been an amazing week with them!!

This week at church we were able to talk at church all the young boys but the mom and the father couldn’t go… that’s a different “long” story….

We are having some difficulties with this family, which is so special to me… Ana, Gilberto (this is how you spell it hahaha) Scarlett and Stephanie just because Ana is having a pretty hard time with being able to stop smoking she is really trying and to be honest I admire the force she is giving to do it but the temptation is sooooooooo hard for her!! I haven’t ever seen someone with such a hard time to let it go!! I have faith in the Lord that she will be able! I hope so because their date to be baptized is in 2 weeks… the 23!!!! Ahhh it’s coming down the last weeks!!! Be praying for Ana ok!! Thanks so much!! We will be teaching a great lesson about temples and we will be giving them a picture, which we framed of the Porto Alegre temple!

This week we also had a great meeting with the area 70 Elder de Araujo it was a great meeting and let me tell you he is very franc with his word but I believe that it is how it needs to be! We talked a lot about how we should be talking and how we should be leading when we have been called to lead! How it needs to be with firmness but in the same time with love! That is how we need to teach as well! When I was thinking about everything we talked about at home the next day… I thought about the gospel and how there isn’t any way we can “cut the corners” of the gospel!!! We need to be 100% part of it or 0% part of it… we need to do everything or quite frankly we might as well do nothing because one thing is sure… being part of the church of Christ isn’t easy… but then again why should it be…. We are counseled and told to be in the world but that we cant be of the world. As members of the church of Christ we have high standers, we have made eternal covenants with the Lord, we are striving to be “Saints” which means and we are trying to be as Christ is making our lives better every day!!

Then family I started thinking of all the people which I have taught and all the things which Elder de Araujo said and I have came to the conclusion that the people that don’t want to become members of the church of Christ I have realized that they just don’t want to leave some of the things that the world presents to all… drugs… drinking…. Just to name some few obvious stuff…. But this makes me soooo sad… because they are missing out on these celestial blessing which God has waiting for them…. If one would just experience the happiness that we have as members of the church of Jesus Christ they would understand where it come from and that consists of having a higher level of standards in life!! I am so grateful for how I have grown up and for everything that I have learned!! There is no doubt in my mind that it’s the gospel and the Church of Christ which we are members that has brought and brings this happiness that I have in my life, and I am so grateful for this!!

Well family sadly I am out of time!! I love you all so much!! You guys have a great week!

Love Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment