Thursday, October 22, 2009


Week 10 October 19, 2009

So what to say... gosh 5 days have passed by here in Livramento, but its good to start a normal week!! Everything is going ok! The city I am in is huge!! We have to walk like 2 miles just to get to our area and then after we have like mountains and stuff and its jut a really hard area!! Everyday we have to climb something called “Plano alto or planoalto” which means high plane and it's literally a mountain and that is where our bishop lives so we walk up that once maybe 2 a day.

It’s crazy because probably 75 percent of the people we are teaching are 8-18 and then we have a couple people 25 and 70! I think we are actually going to challenge someone to be baptized this week, which will be pretty cool! But I don't know, she said she was going to be coming to church last week but didn’t...

The people here are amazing! They are all pretty nice! Well at least they act nice. I don't know really what they are saying but when they think I know what they are saying they act nice hahaha. So everyone, the language is not coming too great, but I'm trying my hardest! And the people think its funny when I don't know, and some like it because they say “Oh now I have someone to practice English....” so I have actually been teaching a lot more than learning, which is hard...

So pretty much all we do is walk walk walk. Ha-ha it’s crazy!! But is been really cold and now I think its getting hotter cause its been hot for the last couple days so I think the hot is coming which is not good!! Sweat sweat sweat. And we don't have a washing machine because it's broken!! So that’s no fun!!! I haven't washed yet though.

The people are amazing and they feed us almost every day for lunch and it's usually pretty good. But we eat so much.

Since we are by Uruguay we got to go their today!! My mission goes 6 blocks into Uruguay so that's kind of cool!! It's way different though, everyone speaks Spanish, obviously.

Food is beans and rice with chicken probably every day. And my apartment is across the street from horses, so what I do every day is watch the horses run into their field from their stalls!! It kind of helps me with the stress I have... but it's nice. Our apartment smells and isn't that nice. It’s actually really dirty!! The blankets to get warm haven't been washed for probably 2 years, so they smell and I would wash them, but our washing machine is broken tough luck huh!!

Well that’s about it.... Santana Livramento is just great... trying my hardest and serving the lord!!

Molly just so you know they love Hannah Montana here its funny!! It makes me think of you whenever I here it!! Love you all!!!

Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment