Monday, October 26, 2009

Week 11 October 26, 2009
So, I bet everyone is just anxious to here how my first full week was here in the ¨actual mission field¨ and it was pretty dang good!! A lot of not knowing what was going on, but not bad!! I don’t even know where to start because there is so much to tell but I will start by saying thanks for all the emails!! I love hearing from all of you!!

So I really wish I could show you all what I am seeing here because it’s crazy!! I noticed that I never really explained Livrament last week, but brief a explanation is that it seriously is “hick ville” it’s SO funny!! People drive carriages and we see everyone, even little boys, riding ponies or little horses to school and there is absolutely nothing to do in this city so everyone just rides motorcycles around all the time!! I just we could ride them as missionaries! Ummm, there are a lot of green mountains and in my area there is a huge lake at the top of this mountain where we proselyte everyday. It’s a long walk, but the view at the top is worth it every time!

So this week was kind of long, but good!! Since my companion is district leader he has to do all these interviews for baptisms, so honestly we don’t really knock on doors or proselyte much, which kind of stinks, but whatever... we spend most of our time during the days walking to the other missionaries chapels, which is usually an hour to an hour and a half walk there and the same back, so we are tired ALL the time...

So the hardest part is that we are only teaching like 4 people at the moment, because of all the places we need to be, but 2 are becoming really strong and said that they know this Church is true!! So that’s good!! Honestly I still don’t really know what’s going on so it’s hard, but I think everything is going good with the people that we are teaching!!!

Today we had district p-day, which was so fun!!! We went to that lake and just hangout and played soccer and this game that is like cricket, that is huge here and had lunch!!! I made a cake, which everyone loved!! Dad I made your fudge sauce and everyone just loved it!!! I can’t believe I actually pulled it off perfectly! Even using different ingredients ha-ha!! But yes, it was a good time, took lots of pics. I'll probably be sending them home though mail next week!!

The weather is kind of weird!!! I have the biggest farmers tan cause it was SO freaking hot for like 2 days then we woke up one morning and it was like a blizzard of rain and wind!! This is the windiest city here they said but it’s was crazy and then its just warming back up!! But it’s going to start getting really, really hot ha-ha!! Looking forward to it............

Oh guess what, so I was waiting outside of my apartment and guess what I smelled!!! Grandma!!!!!!! Grandma I smelled you seriously it was amazing!!! It was your exact smell ... like the Sunday cooking combined with your house ahh!!! I was kind of happy and sad at the same time but it was so nice!!! Ahh I miss that smell!

And ya, we walk so much but then we eat so much!! Just a lot of rice and beans and meat and pasta! Nothing crazy this week! But I eat so much because I don’t know what’s going one so I just eat, kind of funny!!

Ahh, I know I have more to say but I can’t remember!! And my time is up so I hope that everyone has a fantastic week!!! Love you all!! And so long from Livramento! Love ya

Elder Wiscomb

PS if you’re ever having a hard time just read D and C 121 gosh it will help your life so much!!! I think I have read it 10 times this week! But its SO amazing and so true! This church is true everyone, I know it is!!! Love you all so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment