Friday, October 16, 2009

Week 9 October 16, 2009

Hello family!!!!!!! So just to start out I can't believe that you guys missed my call... the one time that I was able to call, and you didn't answer but that's ok.... it would have made me homesick, just hear mom and dads voices made me really homesick!! So I broke my pinkie finger, so how I did it was playing basketball. The funny thing was, we were saying that someone was going to break something the day before, and of course it was me... so that is why my spelling is way off... so ya! I am suppose to get it looked at again but my Pres. said that it is not necessary, so whatever... I trust him.

So I'm gone from the ctm... now that I'm gone, I kind of wish I was back there!! I am sooo lonely. We left at 3 in the morning, which kind of stinks! But it was ok and we went to the Campinus temple... then we flew to Porto Legre and sat for like 4 hours then we had a 4 hours bus ride to Santa Maria!! We got there and went to eat at the President's house with his family and that was awesome, they are SO cool I love my Pres. We then went to the AP's house and they just kind of threw us all in a basement with 8 bunk beds, with dirty sheets and stuff and it was seriously just horrible... that was the first time I thought “Oh gosh. What am I getting myself into?” we got up after a long night, and went to the chapel and had breakfast and got our companions... then talked for a bit and then left for a 6 and a half hour bus ride to my first area...

So I am at my first place with my first companion. Its called Santana Livramento... it is on the border of Uruguay so we are sooooooooo freaking far!! My companion is Elder Gil. He is a Brazilian and is awesome but he only likes to speak English to me so that's hard but it is kind of nice being able to talk to someone in a language I know, after we were in a house speaking only English... he only has two transfers left so I think that I will end his mission! Everyone as been with their companions for two transfers or 12 weeks so chances are that's how it's going to be. It's super freezing here and our apartment is always cold and is in pretty freaking bad conditions. We don't have a washer but we have warm water and we can drink it here too, which is way nice. Where I am in Leivramento, its all hills... its crazy!! We walk sooooo stinking much!! The first couple days we have been here and we will be on one side of the valley and he says 'see over there' and all I can see is a mountain in the distance, and he says, 'that is where we need to go," and I just die hahah! We get there and no one is home!! It’s kind of hard! But we met the bishop he his really cool! And they all make pretty good food!! Just yesterday we ate something called Capivada, which is this huge river rat! But was amazing!!

I have met some of the coolest members! Well at least they looked cool, since I am not able to speak one ounce of Portuguese with them!! I swear I am never going to learn this language!!! Especially now since my companion only likes to speak English but whatever... so ya its hard!!

We haven't really taught that many people, just a couple and I didn't know anything, but that’s ok... I just said my testimony, in horrible Portuguese, and that’s all... its going to be ok, at least I have faith. It’s just hard cause all my friends are together somewhere and I'm just by myself... I'm separated from everyone, which is hard! But its cool cause here we get to go into Uruguay, which is awesome! We haven't yet but I think we are going to later!

Oh, by the way, my p-day is on Monday! So I will be writing you guys in a couple of days, my companion just wanted to write now cause we both didn't get to this week...

Something funny... I was walking in the street and I saw two dogs playing and one sat on the other and it reminded me of Willy!!! It was pretty sad!! I almost cried haha!! But oh well!

So ya love you all thanks for all your emails!!! Hope everything is just great!!! Love you!!! Muah”

Oh, by the way I set up a gmail account cause my ldsmail sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So use that one k. it's cwiscomb10@gmail.com

I love you all SO much!!!! Hope all is amazing!!! Talk to you all soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment