Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 12 November 3, 2009

Family!! Gosh how is everyone going!! I’ll get right to the point!!! But first, I just want to say thanks for all of your letters!! I love hearing about everything and hearing that you are all doing well!! So thanks so much!

So this week started with the AP’s coming to our city! They were here for 4 days! So one day I got to go on splits with a zone leader Elder Silva!! He is amazing!! The Assistant was with my companion. So we walked all over and he didn’t know how to speak English so I was talking in Portuguese all day and it helped so much! I noticed that I know a little more then I give myself credit for… so that was a good way to start out the week!!

We had a family home evening this week too, which was SO much fun!! We just hung out, played games, ate pizza and cake, AH, it was fun and I gave the lesson, which was pretty cool! Kind of hard, but cool!

So the weather here has officially changed!! Well at least I thought it had until today… earlier this week it was 104 degrees and we were all just dying!! It’s been SO hot!! I’m getting pretty freaking dark though… I’m almost as dark as the Brazilians ha-ha! Oh and to top it off. Remember how our washer is broken; well we have to take our clothing to a member’s house. The house is at the top of that huge hill! It’s a 50-minute walk in the heat… kind of hard… but whatever, it’s worth having clean clothes!

So this week I finished D &C gosh I love it!! The scriptures are amazing!! Seriously!! And this week was fast and testimony meeting and I tried to bear my very simple testimony, which went all right…

It’s been so nice because I am starting to get really close to the a couple families here, which has been fun! I’m close to probably 3 families and although I’m not able to speak with them, and can show them my gratitude for being with them, I show them my love in different ways, usually by making a fool out of myself, but that’s alright!

So I have officially had my first encounter with a dog… gosh I hate dogs now… only Willy and Ben are the ones I love… SO we were walking up this street and out of nowhere this huge dog starts freaking out and running strait at us! I kicked it sooo hard. I feel bad, but it was a reactions and worth it. I didn’t want to get bitten.

Funny story for the week.. So we are at this families house that we are really close with… it’s a family of girls and one always goes with us to teach… she is a returned missionary. And she is an amazing teacher. There are twines in that family too, and one day I asked one of the twins, who are 16, for a cup of water, cause I was dying of thirst, and she looked at me and said “1 heal”… which is money. I just ducked my head, messing around with here, and she grabbed my cheek, like old grandmas do, and said something along the lines of “ohhh don’t worry I’ll get you a cup of water.” it was just funny cause after I was thinking… ‘That was the first time a girl has touched me in almost 3 months other then a handshake… AHHHHH” I was just laughing SO hard in my seat. I hope you find that funny cause it was.

And then today… p day… it has been an interesting day! We got up at 5 a.m., cause we were supposed to go to Santa Maria for a doctor’s appointment for my comps knee, so we got up then and it was a Monsoon; it was raining and windy like crazy. We get bus station, tired and wet, and got our tickets and they told us the wrong bus! So we missed it, and then we had to walk back, an hour and a half, in the rain. We got to take a taxi there, but we didn’t have enough money to take one back… it has been a long day and it hasn’t stopped raining. Dad and mom, thank so much for making me bring the raincoat and pants!! I have already used them so much!! Thanks!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot, The Day of the Dead, it’s kind of like Memorial Day. We went to the cemetery and proselyte about families and the plan of salvation/happiness, and sang and stuff, it was fun!! Then we all went to the border of Uruguay and Brazil and got a foot-long hotdog and juice shakes. It was pretty fun!!

So ya I hope I answered some questions you had, and I didn’t forget anything. I’m sure I have… but this week is zone conference, which should be good!! I’m super stoked for it!!! I’ll tell you how it goes next week! Thanks for everything!! I love you all so much!!! I hope that you guys all have a fantastic week! Love you all!! Bye

P.S. answers to most questions-

Blankets haven’t been washed… its not cold anymore.. It’s super hot!!

My health is pretty good

Things are going a little better with the companion

Food this week was horrible…. We had some bad lunches and stuff so I have made a lot of grilled cheeses! Ha-ha

I have some really good friends in this area!! Actually one really close, Elder Bernham!! I get to see him once a week and it’s really nice!!! He is the 2nd zone leader

Language is still the same

I’m safe, don’t worry

Pinky is alright… still hurts

And my feet are killing me! I have so many blisters, which reminds me. In a letter do you want to ´put some “moleskins” for blisters!

So ya I thinks that’s all!!! Love you all so much!! Have good week!!

Elder Wiscomb!!

No comments:

Post a Comment