Monday, November 9, 2009

Week 13 November 9, 2009

Hello family!! Well I don't really know where to start because this week has been just absolutely amazing! So much happened!! I want to start by saying thanks for all of your emails!! I love reading them and knowing that everything is going just fabulous back home! Thanks for your thoughts and your words!

So to start off I will say that this week had been just a week of rain!! But that’s not necessarily a bad thing! I love walking in the rain and the wind. Its kind of fun! We had so much rain that we would just watch the motorcyclist try and ride in the rain. They were going through these puddles where they (bike and their entire body) would be fully submerged in the water, it was sooo funny!! So ya it has literally rained all day, every day, for about seven days!! Today is sunny and blue skies though, and it’s started to become a little bit warmer, which is nice... I don’t know what I like more!! It’s either freezing or hot!! And when I'm freezing it stinks and when you are hot and sweating your miserable so either way it stinks, oh well...

So, this week has been good, like I mentioned and I will tell you why later.... but a couple thoughts have come to my mind while I've been sitting here... something that I find super hard on the mission and another something is a desire that I have.... first the thing that’s hard for me to understand.... its hard for me to be denied on the mission... I don’t know why, but if people would just step back from the world and think what us (as missionaries) are really doing... we believe and know this work to be true, so we, as young men and sisters of the world, leave everything we have and dedicate two years or a year and half to sharing this Gospel with the world!! We have been teaching this investigator and she is sooo strong, but for some reason she is hesitant to progress ... I was sitting there and thinking WHY?! If you know this is true why are you scared!! So I was thinking of something to say. We just finished the discussion about the Book of Mormon, for the 2nd time, just to emphasize the importance of reading and it was silent for about 2 minutes, but a good silence, if that makes sense... anyway, long story short I said something and I don’t know where it came from but it just flowed out of my mouth and it went like this. I looked at her strait in the eyes and I said “why, why are you scared or hesitant to continue progressing in something that you know is true?” then I said “If I didn’t know that this is true, I wouldn’t be here!” and then I did something that was not expecting to do and my companion was shocked too... I asked her if I could give her a challenge and she said yes... then I said “I want to challenge you by giving you a date for your baptism this night... the date is the 28 of this month, will you continue to prepare to be baptized on this date?” and she looked at me, long story short, she said yes!! Gosh what an amazing experience!!

And know for my desire!! My greatest desire is to show how much I love you mom and dad!! I have been trying to think of a way to show my appreciation for everything that you guys have done and taught me in my life and I just don’t know how I will ever do it!! Being here on the mission I have gained an amazing testimony of families and the importance of them!! I don’t even know how to explain myself but I wish that someday I will be able to figure out a way to show this!! And Elissa I'm so sorry of making fun of you when you got home from you mission about always wanting to do family home evening!! Here in the mission, they are the best nights of the week and I have really come to know how important it is to do something with your family throughout the week!! So ya sorry for making fun of you!! ha-ha

K I was going to wait for later in the letter but I will say it now!! I had my first baptism this week on Saturday her name is Elenara!! Aww it was amazing!! And I didn’t even mess up the words hahaha!! But it’s amazing to see the results of our work!! It sure gives you an extra boost or a jump-start again!! I think I have finally settled in, which is nice!!! Its was kind of cool though because she had to get married for her husband first, so we had the weeding Friday night and then we baptized her on Saturday!! The guy is already a member but is inactive, so they are coming to church now and it’s amazing!!

So the box!! I think that everyone loves you!! Pretty much the candy is almost gone already and it’s only been 2 days but everyone loved it!! I think I'm addicted to candy ha-ha gosh there is nothing better than a Butterfinger!! And then for the other stuff!! I think I have enough floss and toothbrushes for the mission!! But remember mom; I'm in a civil place ha-ha!! I'm able to buy everything here, there is a ‘BIG’ which is pretty much a ‘Wal-Mart’ which is nice but thanks so much and thanks for the hankies love them soooo much they are already in use! Thanks for everyone!! You’re the best!!

So tonight I will be spending the night, and I think tomorrow night as well, with the zone leaders!! Which I am really exited for! My companion is going to Santa Maria to the doctors for his knee and chances are I will probably be getting a new companion next transfer which is in 2 weeks which is scary because I will be the one that knows where to go, and quite frankly I don’t know anything hahahah. So that should be interesting I will keep you updated.

So to answer your question mom about taking a taxi home during the rain. Gosh you know me... I don’t like to spend money on things that I don’t need to... we are perfectly capable of walking, even though its was horrible but it gives me time to think... which I don’t know is a good or bad thing ha-ha but I love to think. So ya. Oh I almost forgot today!!! We went to Uruguay and played soccer with the 20+missionaries over there!! It was so much fun!! And guess what, I met the cousins of the Strongs his name is Calvin Lloyd!! So just let them know that I met him or something!! It was nice to meet some new guys!! And I never mentioned that I saw Richie the first night sorry!! It was nice to see him and give him a big hug

So everything is going pretty well here!! Loving the work and the people!! It’s so nice to be getting close to the members now!! And is funny how many of them listen to songs in English like during lunch the other days we listen to the Coors which was cool other stuff!! But mom I hope its fine but I have a mission mom know!! Don’t worry she will NEVER take your place but its nice to have someone that I can always got to if I need help!! It’s funny because she calls be her “filho Americano” ha-ha it’s kind of funny!! Well I hope all is good but all his well here!! Loving everything and everyone!! Hope everything is amazing there!! Have a good week

Elder Wiscomb

P.S. I forgot to talk to you about zone conference.........quick. It was amazing seeing the President and his wife. We talked about studying, establishing goals before planning, the area book, and many other things... I got to see two people that I came here with which was fun!! And for money mom we get 90 bucks every two weeks, which is about 40 dollars. But it goes by fast I don’t know where it goes ha-ha!! So ya, sorry that was quick but it was good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment