Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Week 14 November 16, 2009

This week was crazy I don’t even know where to start!!

To start off, I forgot to mention last week that I have challenged myself, and I think that it has been helping. I challenged my self to put away ALL my English stuff!! I only have my “Jesus the Christ” which I read rarely, when I have a couple minutes... but its kind of crazy... I am constantly looking in the dictionary for words but I think that searching and at least trying to think about the word as I'm finding it has help... so just thought I would tell you. So because of that, it has been kind of a frustrating week, because I haven’t had like any time to study... well I never do because we always have interviews for baptisms, or this week I was at the zone leaders house and we had to do service in the morning, which they didn’t tell me about and I had to practically play in the mud in my church close which kind of sucked ha-ha but it was fun!! I love doing service!!

This week was kind of cool!!! A little different because it has been raining SO much and since our house is SO dang far away from everything, some days we didn’t take our rain stuff because its a pure blue sky in the morning and by like 3 its a monsoon ha-ha so some days we had spend like 2 hours in a house of members just talking with their friends who aren’t members... (Well my comp talks ha-ha I usually just listen, well, try to at that hahaha) but its been kind of fun!! We showed them how to make American pancakes, and dad your cake (which they always ask for now) and their favorite is Jell-O with soda and fruit!! They thought it was SO weird when I told them about it for the first time but when they tried it they were like “wow what the heck is this ahahahha” and now everyone makes it all the time its pretty funny!!

Something that was also funny; we are teaching this lady, probably like 30 years old, and honestly she is kind of crazy, but I love her. For work she makes these necklaces, which are honestly REALLY, REALLY UGLY HAHA!! They look like she just tied thread together and called it a necklace but anyway. When she was showing us them, she asked me if I liked them. What am I going to say to that? I’m going to say, “Oh ya, I love them so much” hahaha! I mean we can’t be mean right? So the next visit she made one especially for me to give to you mom hahaha!! I felt bad because I didn’t want to take it because you are probably not going to get it because I am not going to spend the money to send it home and I will probably not hold onto it for two years but she insisted that I take it for you... so I did. I took a picture of it so when I send this card home you will see what I'm talking about, but it was pretty funny!!

So we received word yesterday that my companion will be going home because of his knee... he will go home a transfer early which ends in a week, and my president talked to me and said that I will be staying here in this area and will show my new companion this area, which is a really, really scary thought!!! I DON'T KNOW THIS AREA!!! I don’t know how to talk to people very well and honestly the hardest thing in the world is putting names with faces hahaha!!! But my President is confident that I am able to do this so I guess I will!!! He said that he doesn’t usually allow a new missionary to stay in an area and show an older one where to go but we will figure it out!! I know now more then ever that my Heavenly Father will guide where to go, and whom I need to talk to!! So, next week I will probably have a new companion which means I don’t know if I will be able to write much in the email. The only reason why I have so much time right now to use the Internet is because my companion has a lot to do on the Internet for the zone/district, so he said I could have a little bit more time!! So maybe next week there will be just one fast, big email!! But know that I love all your letters!!

Today we were going to go to the club to play soccer and tennis but its raining so all the missionaries (ten of us) gathered in the stake center and just hug out and played soccer in the rain, on a cement court, and had lunch it was really, really fun!!

This week is going to be a crazy week. There will probably be a lot of saying goodbyes... and this week I will once again live at the house of the zone leaders for 3 days cause we have division!! Which should be fun!! I might not be able to write till after next week because I might be going to Santa Maria..... for transfers... we will see, if I don’t write on Monday this is why!!

So we are starting a new adventure in a couple days, ha-ha it will be great!! Its crazy to think that I will be starting only my second transfer and Jake is on his last!! Ahhh his time seemed like it went by so fast but at the same time it seams like my time is SO long, which honestly is a bitter/sweet thing at this moment but I am making the best of every second here! Everything is just amazing in Livramento! I love my time here, I love the people, and I love this work!! The Church of Jesus Christ is true!! I know with all my heart and I'm so grateful for this opportunity to share it with the people here in Brazil!!!

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Elder Wiscomb

D&C 108:9

No comments:

Post a Comment