Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Week 19 December 21, 2009

Wiscomb family!!!!!!!!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! Or should I say “Feliz natal e um feliz ano novo!!!” Gosh this week has been a week full of soooooo much excitement!

What a great time of year this is to be a missionary! To talk and spread to the world the “true meaning of Christmas” our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It’s been an experience that I will never forget!! My mindset of Christmas has totally changed from what I used to think about “oh gosh what do I need to buy for my family and what I am going to get hahahaha” to something a lot more important like “what can I do to show my love for a family here and what can I do to help a family be more happy on Christmas!!!” This is the time of year to be together with family and to remember all of the many blessing that we have in our lives!! Although sometimes these blessing aren’t easily seen, the ones that aren’t easily seen are the ones that are the most precious! Ponder the blessing that we have in our lives through our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with our families and I know that you will recognize these extraordinary blessings that aren’t easily seen!!

But enough of that, lets start from the beginning hahaha!!! So this week what division and I was with the zone leaders for 3 days his name is Elder Zukini and he is probably the funniest person that I have ever met in my entire life!!! Being SO tried and walking a lot and him cracking jokes all day, I think I almost fell over in the street dying like 4 times, it was something that I really needed, because it was seriously 3 strait days of just laughing!!

We got a chance to watch the Christmas devotional, which I was SO excited for, but when I arrived I forgot that I was going to be watching it in Portuguese hahaha (ya I know I'm retarded ha-ha) so I was lost most of the time but the music was good so that was really nice!! And then the night came!!! Hahaha gosh……………….

The night came and I was feeling good but that quickly changed. I was really sick for 2 days, it was just food poisoning, I think because me and Elder Zukini had it and we both ate these xis from the street which are soooo good but I think that the times of eating a xis is over hahaha we both got sick which was pretty funny!!

And yesterday we had p day natal!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh it was sooo much fun!! We had about 40 missionaries there usually they do one for all the Elders in Santa Maria but they split it up this time I don’t know why, but it was still awesome!! It was like a 5-hour drive to this place so we left here in Livramento at 2 in the morning and we didn’t get back till like 11. So today I am soooooooooooooo tired hahaha but it was so fun! We ate a BBQ and we played soccer and volleyball and we had a water balloon fight and stuff like that and it was just a good time!! I got to see a lot of my good buddies for the CTM and I got to see Elder Tukuafu which was sooooooooooo nice gosh I love him! So that was a good time!

We have so much to do today because tonight we have a family night with the ward!! I think that the Santa is going to be there!! I'm soooooooooooooooo excited ha-ha!! Actually they asked me to do Santa so I know he is going to do there but I declined the offer because I thought that a Santa really skinny wouldn’t be good hahaha and I also thought that a Santa that could talk to the kids would be a good idea too!! I don’t think that the kids would like a Santa that doesn’t know how to respond to there questions about toys and stuff hahaha!!! But I think we are going to play like musical chairs and stuff and do some other games!!

On the 24 we are going to a house of Eleara and Elton!! Eleara is a recent convert and Elton is someone that we are working with. They have 2 kids that are awesome and so we are going to stay there till I think 11! The 24th is the big night here so that should be fun!! Something cool that happen the other day with Elton… its hard to explain but he is super, super, super (shut or hard hearted) but hard hearted isn’t the right word because he loves us but he is just difficult because he loves the Church but he just doesn’t what to continue in it but he says the most powerful prayers I have ever heard!! I can just imagine him with the gift of the Priesthood gosh!! There is no doubt in my mind that one day he will be a member! But like I was saying 2 days ago we got in a really deep talk about the temple and families!! Something happened a little less than a year ago and their son that was 17 drowned in the lake at the top of the mountain where we were during a Church activity, I guess there is a huge current underneath the water!! But the times have been hard for this family and then something happened between Elton and another member during a family night, which is horrible, but then during this conversation he said… something along the lines… “I know that I don’t go to Church as often as a should and I'm not baptized but I want you to know that I have a testimony about the Church and about the work that you guys are doing!! I can feel the Spirit when you guys are in my house and I want to thank you for that and the love you show my family! You guys are like sons to us and I love you!” For him to say this I was shocked because he is the typical Brazilian gaucho… Like a red neck cowboy just sooo firm and a tough guy it was crazy!!! I think we just need to show keep showing him our love and I tank that one day coming up soon I'm going to sit down with him when I feel the Spirit strongly and I'm going to challenge him to be baptized. He is very intimidating its weird hahaha I wish that you guys could meet him to really see what I'm talking about but he is amazing and one of the most amazing thing would see him and Eleara go through the temple and be sealed to their family forever, aww that would be something sooo amazing!!!

Last night was pretty fun too!!! Kind of hard and made me really homesick but it was a good homesick I got the Christmas tree from the cooks, which is the coolest thing in the world!!! And I played Christmas music and decorated the Christmas tree hahaha it was hard and ya I cried just a little because I was so happy (tears of joy to see pictures of you guys) but it was so much fun!! And then I got to open the packages from grandma and from mom gosh you guys are awesome I have the most amazing family in the world!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for all the love that you guys have shown me!!!

But family it’s Natal right and I want you guys to have such an amazing time!!!!! You guys are soooo amazing I love you guys with all my heart and I can’t wait to talk to you guys in 3 days!!!! But family have a fabulous Christmas Eve and we will be talking soon!!! Aww I love you guys soo much, I have soo much to talk to you about, about 4 months worth in one hour haha, and I know right when I here your guys voices I am going to forget everything aww!!! So have questions ready hahaha and fire them away fast ha-ha!!

Have such a fantastic 3 days and we will talk soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you guys sooooo stinking much, with all my heart!!!! And a very merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!! Muah xoxoxox!!!

Elder Wiscomb

“I’ll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams”

D&C 123:12

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment