Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Week 20 December 28, 2009
Family!!!! Gosh this week was SO amazing!! Christmas in the field is such an amazing experience to have!! To only focus on our Savior and his life and his sacrifice for us! It’s such a blessing to not have to think about anything else!! You really start to think about what is important in life and that is family and the gospel and spreading the one thing that makes our families SO full of happiness, and that is the gospel of Jesus Christ! There is nothing else that I would have rather been doing instead of this work (besides maybe seeing you guys for 5 minutes and then returning hahahaha) but it was SO amazing!!!

And I also received the best gift in the entire world!!! To here your voices!! The hour and sum odd minutes that I had to talk to you was absolutely amazing!! It’s a blessing to know that all of you guys are ok and that you guys are surviving without me hahahaha!! Just kidding but seriously!!! Just quickly, one last thanks for everything that everyone said and for all the letters and the little candies and stuff!! You guys are the most amazing family in the whole entire world!!!!!

Gosh, so where to start… I’ll start with somethings that I didn’t tell you about that family home evening with had with the ward!!! I’m guilty to say that I broke probably my first rule here on the mission and that was, I didn’t get home until 11:15 ahhhhh, I know it was soooooo late. We had to be home at 10 but we were SO far away, at our chapel, and we brought a bunch of kids there, like 9. Which 6 of them aren't members…. And I have a good excuse too……… Pappi Noel came!!! But he didn’t come until 11 and the little kids just looked at me and were like “Elder Wiscomb we can’t leave… I need to tell Pappi Noel what I want for Christmas” and I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t leave without letting them see Pappi Noel, so they were the first ones and then we ran home hahaha so that was super fun!!!

And I already told you about the p-day natal and then the rest of the week was just working, seriously!!! This is the best time to work! I think we taught 25 lessons in just 3 full days which was good and we sang to a bunch of family too!! We did a carta viva, which is a song, and then we share a scripture and ask to enter and continue the spirit of natal inside their home and most of the times they say yes!!! So it was a good week!!

On Christmas day after we talked, we just gathered in the church and we just hung out and called and I made pancakes for everyone and then we left at about 6 and went and taught in our areas it was a good day!!! But it was hard because I had sooooo much to say and right when I heard your voices I just forgot!!! But that’s ok!! Mother’s day, now start getting excited hahahahahahaha

So this should be an exciting week!! It’s the last week in the transfer and we have a lot to do to wrap it up!!! We want to challenge this kid to get baptized but his mom and dad are spiritualist which is kind of crazy and they don’t like us when we are there so we teach him in another house and he absolutely loves the Church because he sees what the religion of his parents has done to them… we need the permission of the parents so we are fasting and praying non stop for them so hopefuly this situation will change!!!

I think that maybe next week you will find out what’s going to happen with me… I'm thinking that I’m going to stay here but really anything can happen which is crazy!!!

And this week is New Years sooo first things first HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THAT EVEYONE IS GOING TO HAVE A FABULOUS TIME!!!!! Here it should be good we get to stay out till 11 but we don’t have a place to go to yet which stinks but I'm sure we can find one……… but I here that its just the same as Christmas fireworks and a churrasco…(and just so everyone knows the fireworks here are practically just little bombs hahahahah just like a little stick of dynamite which is funny and way loud and fun) but its prob going to be just a bunch of eating again... and then this transfers is over…

It’s crazy to think about this transfer because it passed by sooo fast and now I’m probably heading into the last transfer of my first area!!! So I’ve really got to wrap things up good here in Livramento!! Establish some New Year goals for the mission that will make me work until I die hahaha!!!! So I'm loving the mission and I'm so happy for the time that I got to talk to everyone!!! You guys all sound soooo great!!! And happy!!! Which is good!!!!

Quick update for this week on the food category hahaha………. I think I'm going to try something new and make the cream cheese brownies hahahahahahahahahaha what do you think… its prob going to be a disater but whatever hahaha we will see… or maybe I’ll just stay with cake and cookies hahah!!!

So family have a fabulous week ok!!!! Stay safe during this New Year and don’t do anything stupid all right!!! I’m so grateful for you guys and the opportunity we have to life together forever!! I know that this Church is true with all my heart!!! It is the most amazing source of happiness in our lives and when we share with within our family we receive blessings, comfort and happiness beyond our wildest dreams!!!! I love you guy’s soooo much!!! And have a good one!!! Muah!!! Xoxoxoxoxo

Elder Wiscomb

D&C 25&12 continue praying together it’s an amazing blessing we have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment