Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"We found an apartment building that had the gate open so we went and knocked doors there."
The daily brush of the teeth after lunch
Week 73 January 1, 2011

Hello everyone!! Happy 2011-01-01... I really can’t believe it... Christmas has come and we have officially now entered into a new year. I hope that all the stuff that went on for Christmas and for the New Year was just amazing and that everyone is safe and has made goals for this next year to come!

First off how amazing was it using SKYPE with all of you guys… oh my gosh I can’t even believe how amazing it was to see all of you guys. You guys all look so amazing and to be honest it fells like nothing has changed. It feels like I have been gone for just about 15 days. But then again it feels like I talked with you guy’s a year ago. (If that makes sense)

For me, it was a normal night, charismas and last night… we worked until nine thirty and we got home and we made pizza because we have some people that are in our house because they are a little sick. Elder Abraham again. They thought that his appendix was going to burst which would have not been good… so they brought him here just to find out that he had a really bad infection in his stomach and it was because he used the same frying pan for about 2 months without washing it… ya that’s not good!! But the good thing is that pres and sister STOCKED our house with sooooo much food because they are here so we had pizza and ice cream last night!! And then we went to bed on time and woke up ready to study…. On the mission like I have always said, every day is the same… we don’t really think about Christmas or the New Years… I really don’t notice that it’s a holiday…

This week though, after talking with you guys, has been pretty amazing though… we have been working pretty hard. I still don’t know what’s going to happen with me… I asked to train again! I think that training is one of the most important parts and rolls in the mission, and also the most challenging! You receive someone that is new and is pretty lost. It's you that shows them how to work. They are going to learn how to be a good missionary from you, or hopefully they know better (if you are a bad missionary) and they will learn what “not to do”…. for me its something the I like because it forces you to be as obedient as can be. You really cant slack in the studies because you have to teach and study the lessons with the new missionary and in all you have a chance to mold the missionary to have good habits from the beginning! That is what I asked president and now we will see if that’s what the Lord has in store for me.

This week I had a pretty cool experience. For those of you who know Santa Maria, which is probably none hahaha, it’s a college school town with a bunch of Germans. They are truly a stern and stubborn people. Something funny is that I have gone many times almost the entire day of knocking on doors and not entering ONE time… and we had planned a day so of just knocking doors and we planned an area and everything… so we are on are way to this area and we end up passing in front of a street and I looked down the street (a little road off the side) and I felt like we should turn but I didn’t listen and we just kept on walking. About a block and a half down the street I said lets go back and knock on that street a couple streets back and my comps thought I was crazy but that’s all right hahahaha. They just decided to go because we were gong to knock doors in whatever way… so we ended up gong back to knock on the doors down the street.

Well we turn on the street and it was a little street with about 7 houses, way spread apart, that lead up to the mountain and we started knocking the first door… nothing and we already had to walk a pretty long way and everyone wanted to go back but I thought we should just keep going… so we kept going. The second door we knocked and got in. A women that lives alone that loved our message a lot but we haven’t been able to find her in her house again and then we left and the very next house we knocked on a house of another family that are married with two little daughters (we knocked on 3 houses and got in 2 times). This is like unheard of here in Santa Maria… the family and this person that we found are super special! They both loved our message but because of the holiday season it’s been hard to find them in their houses again but without a doubt in my mind we will and they will understand our purpose as missionaries which is to spread unto the world the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and if they do a simple prayer God will answer them and they will become great members of the church!!!

The moral of the story is that God will lead us in our lives! He always will! We just need to pay attention and listen! He is always there but its us that sometimes are far away from Him!

I know that this church is the church of God! I am so grateful for all that I have been given in my life, for my family, my health, for this New Year, for this chance to serve Him and for His love and direction in my life! I know that God loves all of us! And He wants to help us in this to have a wonderful year from the beginning! He will guide us, we are His children, the only thing we have to do is listen!

I love you all! Have a great first day in 2011!!!

Love your missionary

Elder Wiscomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment