Tuesday, January 18, 2011











Week 75 and 76 January 10 and 17

Hello family!!! How are all of you guys doing on the wonderful January day!! For me, I am doing just great!! I just finished the first week in the field and we are looking for the second week coming!

So as all of you guys know, I have gotten here in Cruz Alta and it’s been so much fun serving with my new companion in this important work of the Lord! Before I left Santa Maria, we had the leaders meeting which was amazing where we conversed about how we could get the numbers of lesson per companionship to go up… sadly we have missionaries that are teaching about 20 lessons a week when we should be teaching about 30-35… its just the lack of effort in the work…

We also talked about the role of the spirit in our work! After the training that was given, it made me think a lot! And then dad you sent some things really important that really hit me! I have been preparing a training for tomorrow and then we go to ijui next to pass it on the role of the spirit in our training and I will for sure use some of the things that you said!

Our first impression is so important! On the first visit we have to somehow let the sprit work so that the person feels the sprit and thirsts for more! It’s the spirit that they feel which will drive them to things that they aren’t used to! It’s the only way for someone to know and understand the gospel!

We came here to Cruz Alta on fire and ready to work… but sadly the area was dead… before I got here the LZ baptized like 10 people and didn’t look for any new ones…so here we are starting all over…. But it’s been fun we have been working soooooooooooo hard and we knocked and talked with everyone in the street and we had an amazing experience this week!!! And Cruz Alta is crazy because it’s ALL up and down… it’s like walk up and down in the Ave’s… everywhere you go it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hilly… oh my hahaha will take pics next week…

Well Elder Ball and I, we decided to do a fast, in respect that the Lord will guide us to a family that has been waiting for us! Lead us to that elect family that is married!!! We prayed with a map in our hands and I felt we should go to some road and we went that day… close to the end of this little road we seriously found that family!! Their names are Ricardo and Alini! They are a young couple that are legally married and are sooo awesome!!! We are going to go back there tomorrow and there is no doubt in my mind that they have felt the spirit super strong and they will accept the gospel of Jesus Christ! It was the miracle of the week! The lord is truly giving us so much strength to work!!

Our president made a promise to us! If we come home dead tired every night the Lord with give us the strength necessary to work the next day and that is a goal that I have made for the rest of my mission… to give my best every day and to get in the house just dead tired!!!!!

So this week was difficult we worked so hard we truly taught 30 lessons in 4 days which is unheard of. We invited about 10 people to go to church and when Sunday came, we got 2 texts saying the 2 families were not going to be able to go then we passed by every other house of our investigators and no one was awake at eight… so we went back at ten…oh my we really, really gave it our best!!! And I was really sad that we didn’t see the results of our labor…. But I believe that this next week is going to be different!!! The Lord will bless us for our work… we just have to work hard. Super hard and the Lord will bless us!

Anyway I am so happy to be here in the field and to work my hardest for the Lord! I know that the Lord blesses those who are obedient… and that is what I have been trying to do! Do my best to be 100% obedient! I know that that is where it all starts!!!

I love you guys all so much and you guys just have a great week ok!!! I love you all and know that you are all always in my prayers!!

I know this church is true!

Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment