Thursday, February 24, 2011

Divisions with the AP's
Happy Valentines Day to me and Elder Ball. We bought this pizza for each other!
Week 81 February 21, 2011

Hello family! How is everyone doing! I hope that all is well and those who are sick are feeling better! I’m so grateful for all of you guys! For the wonderful email that you all always send to me and for the updates with everyone back home! It really calms my heart to know that our Heavenly Father is always looking over you all!

Today is transfers and we are entering a transfer with only 5 weeks… so it’s going to fly by really fast! Our zone is changing so much so it will be pretty crazy! In our zone there are going to be 3 areas that will open, and 6 people that are going to train! A lot!!!!!! So we are super excited to see how everything goes! We found out a couple minutes ago that we are going to have to go to a little city that’s called Palmeiras tomorrow to try and find a house or an appt. to rent there for the elders that are going to get there... so that will be pretty fun. But we are super excited to have this new zone with a lot of fresh missionaries to come in with this fire to work!!!!! Sadly that is what’s faulting in our mission at this point….

But besides that, this week in the mission field threw a couple curve balls at us ha-ha! The week started off on Monday afternoon after p- day when we were soooooo excited to go to some appointments just to find out that our investigators were going out of town for a couple weeks to the beach to have fun these last couple days of summer… so the families will be back here in a week and a half and we will return to see how they are doing!

Then on Tuesday and Wednesday we had a division with the AP! I decided to stay in the area this time so that was pretty fun! And it was great to work with Elder Gingell again! He is a great friend and we had some wonderful lessons! We taught a really spiritual lesson with a woman Zilma that really is sooooo amazing! She is going to be an amazing member of the Church one day but the only problem is that she doesn’t ever stay here in Santa Mairia at the end of the week because her sister has cancer and lives in IjuĂ­ so she has to go there every weekend! Which makes it hard for her to go to church!

We also had some pretty spiritual experiences with the prayer that we do for the people! We have noticed that to enter a house its super super easy…. Everyone wants a prayer, but to try and go back is a different story so we have been trying to figure out what we can do for the people to accept our second visit!

We have also been having difficulty with getting people to go to church! I don’t know why but the whole mission is having this challenge…. Me and Elder Ball have been thinking about what we can do to have more success with this… right now I am in the middle of making a bunch of invites for people and me and Elder Ball made a goal to invite 100 people to go to church this week!!!! It’s going to be a great goal!!!! I don’t know why it's been so difficult but have faith that this is going to really be something that will help with getting people to go to church!!!

I am so grateful to be a part of the Church of Jesus Christ! I really know with all my heart that His church is true and this work is the most important in the world! There is nothing else that I would want to do at this moment in my life than serve the Lord and I'm so grateful that the Lord has trusted me with the holy calling! I know that the Book of Mormon is true ant that it is the foundation of the entire church! The Book of Mormon is a special witness of Church! It contains the power of God to convince and convert all to know the gospel of Christ!

I love you all and I'm so grateful for the wonderful family that I have! You guy are the best!!!

Love you with all my heart and be safe and a great week to all!!

Love you all!

Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment