Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week 80 February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Days!!!

Hello family!!! How are all of you guys doing on this fabulous Monday afternoon! Before I say anything else I want to wish all of you a Happy Valentines Day!! You know that today is just a normal day here but the day that would be the most similar to Valentines day is “o dia dos namorados” (the day of the boy friend and girlfriends) hahaha and guess what day its is…. Ya you know it, June 12!! Funny huh! So I hope that all of you guys will have a safe and fun day!

As for me this was a good week! Another fast week too… it’s crazy to think that we are already half way through the month of February. Soon enough we are gong to enter into March and we have the area 70 coming to do a conference here that will be super fun!!! I’m excited for that, but the time is just flying.

We had another activity this last week and it was a huge success we had about 80 people there and we did an activity on the Tree of Life!!! Elder Ball and I started following the leaders of the world, and to do a scheduled activity every 15 days! And we are already seeing a huge change in the mood of the ward!

The divisions were just great! Some of the areas here are just dead because the missionaries sadly don’t want to work… so we got to go help them kind of get this desire to work! We have been really worried about our zone and about our area these past couple days… at the beginning of the week it seemed like nothing was going our way…. First of all it rained alllllllllll week long. There was literally rivers in the streets and the houses were flooding and stuff it was pretty crazy and to add up to that we cut Fatima (the lady that gets posses by evil spirits) because she is worried what her brothers will do to her if she follows the church. Her 6 brothers are all pastors of some church here…. She said that she felt the spirit so strong but she doesn't have a desire to have that in her life… kind of confusing, I know…

And 2 other families of ours will be moving this week…. Which makes us sad!

Another family also told us that they want to keep following their church and they asked us not to talk anything else about ours because they feel temped that they will change and they don’t want to…. They went on to say that when we talk about the gospel of Christ and about how we have it all in our days they feel a good feeling a conviction that its true and they don’t want to change so they asked us to stop talking about it… weird again I know… so pretty much until Thursday this week it was pretty rough because we have been working our hardest and we don’t know why these things are happening to us!

This was pretty difficult for us… and then a miracle happened in our lives!!

Friday morning I prayed and prayed and prayed asking the Lord to help us find someone that He had prepared for us to teach! I prayed all morning long and before we left Elder Ball and I we knelt down in front of a map and we prayed to our Heavenly Father asking Him to show us where this person or family that was waiting for us! Elder Ball and I we felt the same road so that day around 5 in the afternoon we went there….

We started knocking on doors and it was a richer part of our area and no one was letting us in…. we kept on knocking and finally we got in a couple houses and we blessed their families but they didn’t accept us to return and share the message about Jesus Christ which we have…. And we were about ¾ of the road and it was 7 by then and we had an appointment on the other side of the city at 8 and it takes a good hour to get there… but we both decided that we needed to finish the road….

So we kept walking and knocking and literally the last door on that street was the person that was waiting for us! We knocked and we entered it was a house that is a little bit more humble with a 65 year old women named Zenir that is cripple (I think that she has Parkinson’s disease and she isn’t able to walk without to crutches and the braces on her legs. She has a son William and he lives with his mother. We started to bless her house and her and she started to cry and it was just one of the most spiritual things I have ever felt in my life! We started talking to her and the spirit told me that I should tell her how we got to her doorstep… so I started to explain… how we prayed to our Heavenly Father where was a person that was needing our help and as we prayed in front of a map and how we both felt this road, then I expressed my testimony about Jesus Christ and how He is able to help our lives!

After I said that she looked at us and started to cry and said that that morning she was praying because her family isn’t happy and she needed to find the road of Christ! She needed to find out what she needed to do with her life! And then we showed up!

She went to church and she loved it! And on the way home she was talking about baptism and stuff it was super special!!!

I know that we pass through hard times in our lives! Our lives in general are difficult but I know when we ask God to help us through our trials we can overcome anything! The power of pray is real! I testify that God hears all of you! Pray to Him, He is waiting for you all! I know that through the teaching of Christ we are able to find true happiness and we find that in His church with a living prophet! I know that Thomas Spencer Monson is a prophet of God! I don’t doubt it one bit! I know that he was chosen by Him! And I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Gods Church here on earth!

I love you all!! Happy Valentines Day and always remember that our Heavenly Father never is far from us! Go to Him, He is waiting!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment