Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 79 February 7, 2011
Hello family!!! How are all of you doing on this wonderful February afternoon!! I hope that all is well and that everyone is happy and smiling!

This last week for has just flown by once again! We have been doing so much and we have been worrying and trying to figure out so many things that we have 0 time to think about time… it truly feels like yesterday I was here trying to figure out hat I would tell you in this email and know I am back here again…

So this week was a little different! This week we had the LZ meeting, which was amazing. So Thursday night we went to Santa Maria and we got to see everyone! Most of the buddies in my group are all zone leaders, which was pretty fun se we had a great time! We learned so many things also.

This meeting that we had was how to prepare a lesson to teach with the spirit and to answer to the needs of our investigators! I was thinking through the whole meeting that we were having, and to be honest, I have been thinking a lot about the work that we have been doing and sometimes it feels like we are sells men selling the way of salvation… but that is SUCH a horrible way to think… it makes me sad to think that I was thinking like that sometimes.

As missionaries we aren’t here to sell something…. If you think about it we are young men, boys, when we start here… we all about 20 years of age and we are helping families feel the love of Christ in their family and individually through the teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I am so grateful that I figured this out these last couple days so that I can put into my teachings a lot more love that I have for the people I teach and to really figure out what these families need in their lives!

Elder Ball and I, we talked with president about doing the whole blessing method on the first contact and it has been something that we are going to start doing on the first contact with everyone that we have! Instead of saying “we are here to share a message about Jesus Christ with you and your family” we make a contact to the family and say, “ that we are here because we would like to do a 5 minute prayer to bless the individual and their family”! So we enter and we talk with them for a couple minutes and we ask if there is anything that they would like for their family and we bless them! We all kneel in a circle with the recently known friends and we say a simple prayer! The spirit is soooo strong it’s amazing! And its a way to show our love for these people and just to show up and talk about baptism… it has been amazing and we have only been doing it for 1-day hahahaha!

I was talking with president the other day when I was in Santa Maria and he was saying that he is nervous because there are coming some 15 missionaries and he doesn’t have trainers to train them…. the position of the Trainer I have decided is the most Important position of them all… more important then AP, LZ, LD, SR…. whatever… its you who is training the future of the mission… anyone can collect the numbers and pass them to the AP and stuff…. but a trainer literally has to be the one that is ready to work and willing to help a new missionary get this enthusiasm to work with all is heart! President was saying that here in a little bit he is going to start spreading about the LZ and calling a new Group and putting all of us to train these 15 missionaries so we will see what happens!!!

Well as for Fatima… the women that gets overtaken by the evil spirit… it was hard to find her in her house this week so we are going to go back this week…

And we are still working super hard trying to spread the word of God!

This week is going to be a little different because once again I will be doing a bunch of divisions… its like I'm not even working in my area which is hard. I'm just helping others… but its been fun! I will be spending tomorrow in a different part of the city and on Wednesday I will be going to IJUI to do division with the LD their… it will be fun I'm excited to try and help them and to pass everything that we learned!

This work is so important! It truly is the work of the Lord! I am sooo grateful for everything that the Lord has giving me! I am sooo grateful for what the Lord revealed to me as a young man and as His servant that teaching with love is the way for others to feel His spirit! The Lord is always by our side!!! He always there! I am so grateful for His presence in my life!

I love you all and I'm soo grateful for all you guys do for me!!

Have a great week!

Love Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment