Tuesday, June 28, 2011


Baptism of the week




Saying goodbye to a good elder



Week 99 June 27, 2011

Hello family! How is everyone doing on this wonderful June day! I hope that everyone is just great and that you guys are all just soaking up the sun! It seems like there are some vacation going on which is always great and some cheer camps which sounds like fun, I pray that you guys will all be safe during these fun activities and getting ready for the Big 4th of July weekend!!! Wahoo! Hahahah

This week was a pretty interesting week for us! There has been so many changes in our zone that it's been a week of trying to figure everything out and trying to help many missionaries get to know areas and getting an effective jump start in their new areas! Our zone now passed to the biggest zone in the mission again ha-ha. We had 4 new areas that opened and in these 4 areas there are missionaries that are training new missionaries that got here in the mission last week, and out of 13 companionship's, only 2 companionship stayed the same. So when I said that everything changes. Literally everything did ha-ha.

You know something funny I think that it didn’t rain for only 1 day this week so we had some fun days of walking and not really “singing in the rain” ha-ha but “knocking doors in the rain” was just great in regards of finding new investigators it was a week that was a little complicated because we didn’t have much time but we did have some amazing message which we shared with our families that that we are teaching and also we had a baptism which was great

This week was amazing we had a great baptism this week of a young man that his name is Erick Luz de Agiar! He is a young man that we got going to the church and he absolutely loves it! He told me the other day that he is planning on getting himself ready to serve a mission so he will start going to seminary every day! He truly is such a bright and intelligent young man.

The baptism was a good point of the week but we also had something happen that was super, super sad! The other day I called this young man by the name of Cezar, we are teaching him and his mom Marlene I don’t know if I had mention them in the past emails but they were going to get baptized this next week but something happened! So I called them on Tuesday morning to see if our appointment was all set for later that day and his mom (Marlene) answered the phone and stated talking to us and she said Cezar “didn’t want to be Mormon anymore”… so I was thinking and I asked if we could pass by right now so we did… we got there and we started to talk and he couldn’t really give me a good answer why he doesn’t want to become member of the church of Jesus Christ, but the only thing that he could say is. “The whole church thing isn’t for me” this made me sooo sad because the way that someone thinks or acts just don’t change over night likes that! Something had to happen!

This experience is something that we as missionaries really feel so much sadness to here and to pass through. When someone knows that the church is true and that it will really bring Heavenly Blessings to their lives, and neglects an answer from God, it something that really makes us hurt inside…. It a feeling that I can't even describe but it something that I don’t like passing through… I will try and figure out why he changed his mind so drastically like that and try to help him recognize and follow the answer from God that they need the church in their lives!! It’s all I can do…

But another high point of the week is that we had an amazing lesson with Gioberto (is spelled like this hahaha) an Ana and their family!!! I wanted them to realize why they have decided to follow this road and get to know the Church of Jesus Christ… the real reason… I wanted them to say that it wasn't just because of the “us” or “the missionaries” why they are feeling the spirit so much and why the are seeing so many amazing changes in their lives for the better! So we taught a message about “ the motives why they will become members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints”!! We had them think about it and we let them ponder and write their motives down on paper!!! I would like to share with you what happened!!!

Ana (the mom) that she will become a member of the church because:

To have my family united/ to have an eternal life/ to have my family together with me together/ to see my daughters marry in the temple!!!

Gioberto:

To receive the forgiveness for what I did in the past to Ana and to never do what I did to hurt my family again. (He shared with us that 8 years ago he cheated on Ana and it was the most stupid and in the moment mistake he has done in his life)

Scarlett:

To have my family together for all eternity/ to make a convenient with God/ to be always following the right road and to always live by god’s principals!

Stephanie:

To help my mom stop smoking/ to have my family together forever/ to have more happiness in my life

These are just some of the things they said!!

Ahh I wish I could tell you all about the wonderful experience that I am having here but sadly my time is up!!! I just want you all to know that this would be something that would really “worth while” to do in your lives! I want all of you guys to right down the motives behind why you are members of the Church of Jesus Christ!!! It’s something that I have down and it really made the Gospel a whole clearer to me! I am so grateful for the love and the Presence of Heavenly father in my life!! I love you all and you guys have such a great day! And week

Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment