Monday, June 6, 2011

The Cathedral here in the mission, the only place in the mission that looks clean. It is so beautiful!"
"The family that we are teaching"
"My family, the reason why I am here in this part of the mission"


Making Taco's for family night

The Senior Couple missionaries in the Zone
Playing Soccer

Week 96 June 6, 2011

Hello family how are all of you doing on this wonderful June afternoon! I hope that all is well! Thanks so much for the wonderful emails that I have received this week! I truly do appreciate every one!

So there is so much to talk about this week bah… I really don’t even know where to start! I have had some unforgettable experiences this week where I have felt the spirit so strongly and it’s been moments in the mission that I will never forget!

Starting of this week we have been focusing so much on this amazing family that I have told you guys about a lot! Dioberto and Ana and their daughters!! This family is so special and there is no doubt in my mind that it's because of this family that president felt like I should come here that resulted in a transfer that was out of the blue! This family that we are teaching bah, mom and dad just wait until you meet them!

To start off we went there the other night to teach the plan of Salvation! And it was the best lesson I think that I have taught the entire mission! There is no doubt in my mind that the Lord was guiding everything that left my mouth and almost my companions too! I truly believe that it was a perfect lesson! We had the opportunity to have the president of the branch attend the message too and it was so cool to be able to see the big old smile that actually came to his face seeing this family understand the amazing Plan that God created for us so that we can return to live with Him one day!

As the lesson went on, the family understood perfectly every principal that we taught! You guys need to know the history of this family that Dioberto he has brothers that are pastors and another brother that is a Jehovah witness, and he is super, super smart and “really understands the bible and the Gospel already” that is why he hasn’t already decided to be part of a church because he always found something that wasn’t right! Ana, the mom, she has also gone around the block in regards of religion. She has a great understanding about life and about the teachings of Christ… and they have two daughters that have been taught ever since they were born the standards of the church of Jesus Christ!!! It is that “family of Gold” that everyone waits for on the mission!

The other day when we went to get the president of the branch to go the that lesson with them on the Plan of Salvation, after one visit that this family did in the church, he mentioned to us with such force and certainty that he had no doubt that this family will get be members of the church and not just that, great leaders because there is a calling in the branch he said and he was been praying and fasting about this important calling and he said that it was shown to him so clearly that it is the mother of this family that the Lord wants to be called for that calling… (And what that calling is, I don’t know) hahaha. But it was a special moment to know that the Lord had lead us to such a special family that has been waiting anxiously to hear the gospel! They of course, went to church again this week and will continue to go for sure!!

This week was also such a great treat because we had the mission tour with Elder Soares in Santa Maria!!!! It started out super early about 3 in the morning when we had a bus pass by here in Santo Angelo to get us! When we got there, me and the other zone leaders in the mission had a meeting just with Elder Soares, and us, which was just amazing! He talked with us about what we can do to really help the zone where we are, and really who we are as Zone leaders! He talked with us what president and he did when they chose us to be leaders and the qualities which he sees in each person that he calls! And really made us understand our role! It was amazing but the most amazing part came after!!

In the middle of the training with Elder Soares with about 100 missionaries listening to him the spirit was surly something that was sooo amazingly strong! We talked so much about how we can work in a more productive way and how, one more time, we need to focus on families and have in our mind and vision that every family we talk with as the potential to be a sealed family in the temple! This needs to be our priority! And then from that point he started to tell us that we need to focus on men because, behind every man there is a family!! He told us about the experience that he had on his mission when he was sent to an area that had one man and he was able to be the president of the branch there and his mission president gave him the assignment to go to that area and to find and baptize a man to be the president of the branch…. Something super, super big huh hahaha… but when he said that something really, really special happened!

When I was sitting there thinking about everything that he was saying, I felt like I need to ask a question and I was shaking because I was so nervous to ask…. I don’t think that I have been so nervous in my life because no one was saying anything when he asked questions and stuff so I just decided to stay quite… then I the same feeling came again, which made my hands shake and I couldn’t even write ha-ha and I knew that I needed to ask the question, so I did…. It was this simple question “Elder Soares, I believe that this is the challenge for all missionaries throughout the world (talking about, finding and teaching men), what did you do to, or what do you suggest that we could to do modify or change our teaching tactics to attract more men to hear our message of the restored gospel”. When I asked that question he stopped and looked and me and said this “Elder Wiscomb, that was one of the most impired questions that I have heard in a long time” and from that moment on it was obvious that he changed everything that he shared with us and everything that he said for that point. Just one impiring word that the Lord used him to help us! The first thing he invited all of us to do was to take 3 minutes and to pray and ask the Lord that same question then we shared what we thought we could do! And ahh it was just amazing!

Really it’s amazing what the spirit can have someone do! And the answers that we can receive through prayer! I am so grateful for this wonderful right and gift that I have to talk with my Heavenly Father whenever I would like! I look to do it often throughout the day and I feel his closeness to me every day! And you want to know something that’s amazing, is that anyone who wants can feel the exact same way!!!

I love the gospel, and I am so grateful for this time I have to share with the people here in Santo Angelo! And I love you all!!!

Have a great week!!

Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment