Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 22 January 11, 2010

Hello family!!! How is everything going!! I am sure that everyone is just waiting to here what happened this week here in Brazil!! We have a lot to talk about because this was such good week!!!

But first Jake is home!! Gosh its crazy how fast time flies huh!! I can’t believe that he has already returned I hope that everything is going great and that it was such a great experience and that he is loving being home!!!

But this week, today, I do 5 months crazy huh hahaha but besides that… gosh what to talk about first!! So I have been wanting to knock on these doors in this little villa ever since I arrived here, so we planned on doing that this week!! And it was good!!! We found a couple people but long story short they are already members so we are going to help them return!! Help them recognize how much better life is when they have the blessings of our Heavenly Father in our life!!! But we still have one more street in this little village and I have a felling that there is a family waiting for us there… maybe its just a feeling that I want to have ha-ha but heck it makes me exciting to knock on doors so its good ha-ha!!

So this week, starting the first week in the transfer, we made a goal to work really hard this transfer and that is exactly what we did!! And it feels way good!! This week, in really only 5 and a half days of working, we taught 34 lessons and found 14 new people to teach!! Given that maybe 1 of these 14 new people will maybe go somewhere but President was talking to me and he said in every 25 people that you find you will baptize 1 or 2 people so this is why we need to continue working and finding people!!! He also said something to me that was really cool!! He said that every companionship has a family waiting to here the Gospel from there mouths this transfer so we have been fasting and praying to find this family!! We haven’t found it yet but we are going to continue working really hard with a lot of faith in our Heavenly Father to guide us to this family and I know that we are going to find it!!

So just a quick update with me!! With me, I am seeing a change in me for the better!! I am finally starting to understand and to love this work with all my heart and its such a blessing!!! This week I taught the lesson of the Book of Mormon for the first time and I absolutely love it!! Here in this mission Santa Maria, we have a separate lesson for the book of Mormon!! At first I was thinking “gosh this isn’t right we need to tell everyone about the Book of Mormon this is what separates us…” but this week I came to realize that we have a separate lesson because of the importance of the Book of Mormon!!! The people need to be prepared for this lesson really well and then we tell the whole story about how we got it starting with the Bible and talking about that and then talking about the story of Lehi and continue from there but its amazing!!! The Book of Mormon is SO important, obviously, and I'm SO grateful for the opportunity to teach about it!!!

Something cool that happened this week is that we did a family night with our neighbors and they loved the idea sooo much!!! So we are going to do it again and maybe they are the family that is waiting for us!! Who knows…?

And nothing more with Marta and Elton but we are just continuing working with them!! We have taught a couple lessons really, really (heavy if I can say this) ha-ha to Elton which have been good but he is progressing slowly!!! But nothing new…

We got a surprise this week!!!! This week the President decided to do the council of the leaders so all the leaders are there and I stayed here with my good friend Elder Hyde!! It’s been so fun!! We were in the same district in the CTM so its crazy having two Americans together for 3 days that don’t really know that much but you can really see the help of our Heavenly Father its amazing!! Today we will teach anther lesson of the Book of Mormon my favorite and it’s going to be good!! And then just work hard this week again!!!

But seriously everything is just amazing here in Brazil!! This work is amazing and when you really get lost in the work time flies and that’s the crazy thing and sad thing… I don’t know if I want time to fly because I love this work so much!!! This Church is true!! I know with all my heart and that we have a living prophet this day that receives guidance from our Heavenly Father!! It’s such a blessing to be a member of the true Church of Jesus Christ!!!

I love you guys so much and I hope that you guys have a fabulous week!!!! Hugs and kisses for all!!!!! You guys are they most amazing family in the entire world!!! Stay strong and faithful!!! Love you all!! Xoxoxoxo

Elder wiscomb

1 Corinthians 2:9 just love our Heavenly Father!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment