Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 24 January 25, 2010

Family!!! So where to start for this week!!! First thanks for everyone emails you guys are the best!!! But I am going to have to keep this short because I don’t have much time but things are going ok!!! Its crazy to think that a month ago today I was talking to you guys!!! But this week has been another difficult week, but another week of working really hard which is good!!

So to start off... we really don’t have a lot of families to teach right now. Quite frankly, only 2, its horrible... and everything was going good with one until they came to church with us this past Sunday and the members here go about talking with them in the wrong way!! The members here really are strong but the show there emotions in the wrong way!! Every family that we bring to church they like attack them.... its kind of difficult and just start pounding baptism down their throats... but we are working with them on that!! So the one family, we were planning on baptizing this week. we will see. After church it was just all different so we are going to return there on Wednesday and talk with them. We will see what happens. So that’s really about it!!

Like I said we have had a really hard time contacting people so we switched to contacting the less actives and we are seeing success there, which is good!! Also this last Sunday we had 3 less active families that came to church, which is really good!! So that was great to see and I think that they enjoyed it a lot!!!

But other than those, it’s been another difficult week!! I think I know every person here in Livramento and its getting really difficult to teach because we will be knocking on doors that I have already knocked on and they will say.... " I already said I don’t want to hear your message do you not remember" but that’s all right!! We just need to continue the work!! And just do our part as missionaries!! The Lord is preparing people for us to teach I don’t have any doubt in my mind!!

Something I learned this last week when I was reading about temples was something Elder Hales said, something that I like sooo much about the presence of the temple and when we have the opportunity to enter.... he said "we are on the world with being on the world" it was in Portuguese but I think its that more or less... and its so true we have the opportunity to be closer to the influence of our Heavenly Father through the temple and it's one of the greatest gifts that we have in our lives!!! Always remember how blessed we are to have the house of the Lord on this Earth and don’t take advantage of it!! Try and go as often as you can!!!

And something else really funny that happened, mom this is for you!! We had another elder in our house this last week for a second and he was looking at the pictures of the Christmas tree the Cooks sent and he though that you were my sister... it was pretty funny and then Teixeira said "ahh I though that was your sister too" ... so complement to you ahhahaha!!!!

Sorry this is a boring letter not much happened this week!!! But we have zone conference this week that is coming so I'm sooo excited for that and to see Elder Burnham, and president!! It should be great!!! I love you guys so much!! The Church is true I know it with all my heart!! We are so lucky to have the source of all happiness in our life!! I love you guys so much and have a fabulous week!!! Love you all!!! muah xoxoxoxxox

Elder wiscomb!!

Mosiah 2:41 the source of all happiness!!! Love you guys so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment