Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Week 21- January 4, 2010

Family!!! How is everyone doing!! Happy 2010 gosh it’s crazy to write that ha-ha!! So I hope that the festas of everyone were just fabulous and that you guys are all safe! It seems like everything is just amazing! So, to start just want to say thanks for your emails!! Sorry if I didn’t respond to all, the time is cut down now but just so you guys now I appreciate all!!!

So first where to start............. this week was a little weird I was sick for about 4 days.... actually I was really, really sick. So sick that we didn’t leave the house for 2 and a half days, and sister Mayahh said I shouldn’t have left the other day but I couldn’t just sit in the house anymore.... I had a fever of 104 for 3 days and I was throwing up and stuff it was a couple long days but it gave me a lot of time to think about what I wanted to do this year to come!! As we all do when we start a new year we establish goals and stuff right. This year it was kind of different havening a full year on the mission it was cool just focusing on mission goals!! And because I was sick and in the house I had a lot of time to think about what I wanted to do!! This is a weird way to look at my sickness but maybe the Lord did this so I could learn how much I love the people and how much I wanted to work!! The only thing that I could think about during these 2 days was “work, ahhh I need to work” and to be quite honest with you I have the BIGGEST desire to work and we are starting a new year, a new transfer, and I am just powered to go!!! aww I am sooo excited to work myself to death!!! The Lord works in mysterious ways huh ha-ha... maybe this was something to prepare me!!

But one of the days that we left the house to work, I had a really, really good experience!! We were teaching a person named Marta she has a really bad porb with smoking but she loves the Church and she is really, really, really intelligent, gosh she knows prob everything. I had an idea to talk about the priesthood and the blessings of a priesthood blessing because we have done practically everything to try and help her stop smoking... so we had a lesson about the priesthood and she didn’t know much about a blessing so we explained and we were sitting there ready to end the lesson and she said “do you think I could get one of these blessing to help me stop smoking” and this was exactly what I was hoping would happen.. Sooo long story short we gave her a blessing and we haven’t gone back, because that was only 3 days ago, but I hope that things are getting better... but it was a really cool experience!!!

Another cool experience was with Elton!! Like I said he already knows practically everything but this lesson we talked about temples and how he can receive by having a temple marriage and stuff I don’t know it was just a cool lesson also!!!

Gosh I love teaching these principals they are so true and sooo amazing!!! This is such a blessing to have the opportunity to wear the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and be representatives of Him and bear testimony of Him and our Heavenly Father!! Something that we as members always need to be an example of!! We are so lucky for the gospel in our lives I am so grateful for the blessings I have received!!

So this week was kind of crazy!!! Transfers, sickness, but my love for teaching the gospel grew 10 fold!!!

I love you guys so much!! You guys are so special to me!! Thanks for your examples and your letters!!! Sorry this is short but time is up!! Until next week ok!!! Love you guys with all my heart!!! You guys are the best!!!

Elder wiscomb!!!

Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment