Monday, April 12, 2010




Making Rice Crispies for the Baptism


Week 34 April 3, 2010

Hello family!!! How is everyone doing!! So you guys are off on the trip I hope that you guys are going to have a fabulous Easter weekend! AND HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!

But were to start this week has been an adventure!! Man I am loving my time here in Santa Maria! It’s going to be a great transfer! So I arrived and I found out that I will be staying with the secretaries which is fun and they live in the big house which means its also the “Transfer house” so we had about 30 people sleeping down stairs on Monday and Tuesday... and we are going to have the same in about 10 days! We have about 28 beds in our basement so it’s like a party house! Its pretty fun be we don’t get much sleep ahhaha!

But other than that, the office is like a whole different playing field! Its nothing that I thought it was! It's actually really exhausting but being here I have already learned a lot about how the mission functions! Its going to be a great transfer helping out here but it might take another week getting used to not walking around all day and teaching! And only teaching at night!

So we go their right after lunch and we start! I did everything from enter the baptism information to the computers, to calling the people who are leaving in June to get all their information so we can buy their tickets! To working in the back with the mail just things that the secretaries need to do but they are busy so they pass it to me and other guys who are here in the office too!

When I got here, I was so ancy and kind of going insane sitting all day hahahahah but it’s just a different type of work that needs to get done! It's nice seeing the president and the AP's almost every day and working with them too! But I think when the time come to start working out in the field it will be nice again!! Its just two-different types of work that are extremely different!! But I'm loving both of them! I am learning a lot!

Then we leave the office about 6:30 and we start working in the field we usually get in about 3 lesson, which is good, and my comp is the man!!

My comp is Elder Jones and he is soooo tight. He played football at TCU and then at BYU he was the quarterback and he really is sooo tight! We are kicking it and working really hard!!

Other than that, the work is going great too! We are able to find a lot of people, which is good!

I don’t have much time so I got to go but this week is conference! I'm sooo happy! What a great time we have to here the words of the prophet and to here his counsel for us! I know that this is such a great time to remember the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and to remember his resurrection that happened too!! I'm so happy for this opportunity! I love you guys so much!

Sorry this is short but I got to go!!! I love you guys so much and you guys are amazing@ Be safe and have a fabulous trip and Easter weekend!! Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment