Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week 6 September 23, 2009
It's crazy to think that another week has gone by here in Brazil and I only have 20 days left!! Where did the time go!!
So guess what, Craig got here and it is SO much fun! I was sitting in the cafeteria and I saw him walking down the stairs and I just ran out and we gave each other a huge hug. It was so amazing! Today we got to go to another session in the Sou Paulo temple and Craig was there too!
Where to start, it's been a crazy week!!!
Proselyting!!!! Oh my gosh it was amazing!!! We ended up handing out 4 Books of Mormon and giving some other discussions, but I really noticed how much I need to rely on our Heavenly Father out here!! It's been kind of a crazy week cause its been so busy and we have been a little sick, so before I was like “elder make sure we don't forget to say a prayer before we go out...” long story short, we were so excited we forgot. I quickly noticed that's not how it works!!! We ended up walking around for like an hour without finding the courage to talk to anyone and no one would talk to us when we tried. We walked way up to this park and I was kinda getting down and I finally remembered we never prayed!!! So I said elder lets stop and pray for help and guidance, and my companion said ok... so I prayed and right after we just felt so good and we were walking down this street and we saw these two guys selling pineapple (which is amazing!!!) We walked passed and I smiled at then and they were like “oi oi” come back and try some pineapple and they asked me what were missionaries.. and in my horrible Portuguese we ended up talking to them for like 20 minutes and we gave them both a Book of Mormon and right when we were leaving they started to give them back and we were like “what” and they said “we can't pay for this we have no money” and I said it doesn't cost anything! Its a present and they were SO excited they gave me these 2 huge pineapples and we walked away!! And when I walk away, I always look back to see what they do, and they were both reading and we walked by again 45 minutes later and they still were!! So I guess we really did see the fruit of our labors huh hahah!! Just kidding, but this is truly such amazing work!! Gosh I can't wait to get to Santa Maria to do that ever day!
We also taught this 20 year old girl and this 16 year old boy and they went amazing!!!! We got lost and that is how we found this girl!! She was so amazing and had sooo many questions so we pretty much said please call this number and other missionaries like us, but are fluent in Portuguese, will come and answer all your questions!!

I quickly found out that this is the Lords work and we can't do it alone through our own pride!! We really need to rely on the guidance of the Lord!!! This is such an amazing work!!!!

I fell like I have grown up so much!! Its gone by fast but its been tough! We have been focusing on the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ and something that Elder Holland said has just been hitting me sooo hard!! He said....
This is something that should be hard.... you are not only here for other people, you are here to find out and convert yourself!! Salvation is something that shouldn't come easy! Why should such an amazing thing be easy especially when Jesus Christ never ever got it easy!!!! I came to the conclusion that this mission should be hard for me because I, am still in the process of being converted!!! It would be selfish of me to think it was going to be easy or ask it to be!!
We went to the BBQ, oh my gosh it was amazing!!!! I feel kinda sick cause I ate so much but I loved it sooo much!!!! They say that in Santa Maria, it's like 10 times better, so I'm sooo excited!

Chars cuz leaves in 6 days and I'm way sad!!! I have become so close with Elder Green, I love that kid so much! I also saw some people from BJ mission, they had a meeting in the CTM so they dropped by and I was like... do you know an Elder Little and they started freaking out and I said give him a hug for me
Everything is just amazing here in a Brazil!! I am loving it so much! I really am!! There is nothing better then felling the presence of our Heavenly Father! It's crazy cause I'm one of the old ones know and it fells like I have matured sooo much! So i think I'm going to have to change that and do some rebellious stuff or something hahah just kidding!
I love you guys soooooo much!!
You guys are always in my prayers!!!

Elder Wiscomb

No comments:

Post a Comment