Friday, September 4, 2009

Week 1 August 19 2009

“Hey family!! Gosh finally I get a chance to email you guys. This week has been one of the most insane weeks of my life and it feels like it has gone on forever! Its crazy to think that I have only been gone for a week, I swear I haven’t seen you guys in months!

The flight over here was sooo long!! But guess what I taught a man named Carlos and he was coming back to Brazil for his mother’s funeral. He hadn’t been back here for 25 years. But that just opened the door to so many more questions and the ways for me to answer just came to me. Long story short I talked to him (luckily he could speak English) about how families can be together for ever and, that there is life after death then I introduced the book of Mormon and other things and by the end of it, I was holding a book of Mormon in my hand and I promised him that through this book he will find the happiness and light in his life that he has been looking for! And he took it and said that he would read it! Anyways it was a good way to start off the mission and it was even better that the plane was practically empty besides us 30 missionaries which 16 of us were going to Santa Maria!”

The food here in the CTM is kind of interesting! Half the time we don’t know what were eating, so i'm just waiting for the day that I get sick! I have talked to so many missionaries and they say that everyone is destined to get sick at one point or another in the CTM!

I haven’t had much time to write and I’m sorry and by my way my email address is cwiscomb@myLDSmail.net... and my writing address to the mtc is

Elder William Coulson Wiscomb

Box#26 District 33-D

Brazil Santa Maria

Rua Padre Antonia D Angelo, 121

Casa Verde, Sau Paulo, SP

Brazil 02516-040

1 comment:

  1. Jill, thanks for posting these emails! I will send a package soon. I CANNOT believe that sweet little Coulson is on his mission *tear*
    Loves!
    Tina.

    ReplyDelete